The Sew Down: April
Happy Easter weekend everyone and welcome back to the sew down. This is a monthly roundup of some of the interesting stuff we have found, bought, read, and watched in the world of sewing.
We’ve added three new designers to the site recently. Kylie and the Machine is the first, with their fantastic woven labels, to add that something special to your handmade wardrobe. Check out Ruth Maddox Makes a fantastic range of kids sewing patterns, perfect if you wanted to sew something speedy, and great wardrobe staples. Finally, we have Pattern by Malena, a pattern brand that have designed both women’s and kids patterns.
Stuff to read:
We are always hunting out good articles to read or a book that you can either read or listen to while you are sewing. We’ve got some fantastic things to get your teeth stuck into this month.
- Vanity Fair: Exclusive: Behind Cruella’s Wildest Looks
Stuff to listen to:
Oh we love a podcast, and are always looking for new ones! These are some fantastic things we have listened to this month and think you’ll love too.
- Love to Sew: Episode on pockets
- Check Your Thread: Encouraging kids to sew
- Tortoise: Slow Newscast
- The Woman Who Podcast
Stuff to Watch:
If you like watching TV while you sew then we’ve got some great suggestions for you.
- Come join us at the Sewing Weekender this year! A fantastic lineup of online talks and tutorials from your favorite members of the sewing community.
- 150 Years of the Royal School of Needlework: Crown to Catwalk at the Fashion and Textile Museum read more about the red dress project here.