Sew Reporter – 27th of June
Hello fellow sewist, how was your week? We hope you’ve got a hot cuppa and a biscuit (or two) ready because we have found some insanely beautiful creations this week, and we highly recommend checking out these blogs/ bloggers for the full experience. We have also gathered the latest pattern releases, new sewing challenges, must-watch videos, and more. Enjoy and have a great Sunday!
Renata from Life With Renata Marie blogged about her beautiful new top – McCall’s pattern 8094 – and adding romance (sweetness) to your personal style.
We can see why Marie aka A Stitching Odyssey made the Deer and Doe Myosotis Dress for the 5th time (this time in a super sweet apple fabric), this dress suits her so well!
Amy at Almond Rock stitched a cool crisp summer shirtdress using McCall’s 6891. This pattern / fabric / button combo is perfection.
Melissa aka Fehrtrade used the dP Studio book; Fashion Couture to stitch the Slash Top (Top Lacéré). You totally have to check out Melissa’s blog for some fantastic close up shots.
Robyn at Styles In Seams hacked McCall’s 8030 into this rather fab Ankara print romper. Want to sew your own version? Head over to her blog for a tutorial!
Oh my! We could not love this polka dot version of the brand new Friday Pattern Company Saltwater Slip Dress more. Once again, Mary from Sablecraft knocked it out of the park.
Is anyone else in need of a matching cami and robe after seeing this set? Mimi G is providing drool worthy sewing inspiration with Vogue 1610 and a True Bias Ogden Cami.
Kathy at Sew Dainty sewed Dolly from the latest Fibre Mood Magazine. This dress and the black swiss dot cotton is a match made in dressmaking heaven…
You know we can’t pass up a jumpsuit… Especially when it’s as wonderful as this floral number by Meg aka Megmade! She used the Seamwork Campell jumpsuit as a starting point and we are in love with the end result.
This casual Remy Raglan Top is designed by Sew House Seven and beautifully stitched by Melissa @mahlicadesigns. Go on, read Melissa’s pattern review if you want to know more.
Can we all agree that this dress by Jen @jenlegg_teescreatives looks absolutely amazing? It’s the Vikki dress from the latest Fibre Mood Magazine and you can read all about it here.
You’re in for a treat this week. We have added a gorgeous new Named pattern, 3 new You Made My Day Patterns, new patterns by BH7, the latest Fibre Mood magazine, and more! Check out some of our faves below, and browse all of the latest patterns here.
Do you already have a specific design in mind? Or do you need some help finding the perfect pattern for your fabric? You can search all the patterns in our database using our newly updated sewing-specific search tool.
- The Sew Down is back! It’s our monthly video with lots of updates from the wonderful world of sewing, plus things you should watch, read, and listen to.
- Lizzie B has been sewing up a storm and added some fabulous garments (to her already fabulous) handmade wardrobe. Watch Lizzie’s Sew & Tell video to see what she’s made recently.
- Brighten up your day by watching Nikki and Rachel from The Stitch Sisters. They discuss everything they are planning to sew during the summer and we can’t wait to see their final makes!
- From the 1st of July till the 12th of July you are encouraged by @designsbyohm to get in touch with your Zodiac sign and style an outfit with one me made item inspired by it! (No new garment required, get creative with your own wardrobe.) Find more info here, and use the hashtag #SewYourStarSign to follow along.
- Jacinta @pinkmimosabyjacinta came to the realisation that she is (like many of us) a fabric hoarder. She came up with the Whole 30 Fabric Challenge as a way to reduce her fabric shopping. You can join in by using 30 yards of your own stash before purchasing any more fabric. Want to know more? Check out this post.
- Jess from @sowhatifisew invites you to join her in the last week of June to expand your sewing horizons! Whether that is sewing with new fabric, new patterns, new techniques or a project that requires all three! Find more info and the daily prompts here.
We’re sure we’re not the only ones who love to wear floaty shirt dresses on hot summer days! One of our personal favourites is the Named Reeta Shirt Dress. It’s a classic, loose-fitting shirt dress with simple but thought-out details. The dress has pleated breast pockets, a wide shirt collar and a waist gathered with a cord. We also love how Manju aka Sewmanju hacked it into a shirt, we need one of these in our lives!
If you don’t follow Marcy Harriell over at @marcyharriell already, what are you waiting for? Her makes are SENSATIONAL! Her Instagram feed is filled to the brim with bold prints, bright colours, big smiles and drool worthy dresses. Throw funny videos in the mix and you’ve got one of our favourite people to follow online!
All the way from France, we have welcomed the very cute patterns from Petits D’om to our pattern database. From children aged 2 to teens aged 16, this is the pattern place to be if you are looking for swimwear and top patterns. Check out all of their designs here, but be aware of cuteness overload!
Come and join our sewing Facebook group where we are chatting about sewing plans, new patterns and helping each other out with projects.