Capsule Wardrobe: Winter
This is the first in our blog series where we have created a capsule wardrobe using eight patterns. All the patterns can be worn together and are interchangeable. I’ve created a video where I talk through all the patterns and how they can be worn together. As we are deep into winter this is very much a cozy edit and all the patterns can be worn together to create loads of great looks to keep you warm.
Let’s meet the patterns:
These are the eight sewing patterns that we have chosen.
- The Jocko sweater from Ready to Sew: this is the perfect sweater for winter, with two neckline options and it looks great tucked in.
- Martina Coat from Vikisews: your statement piece, oversized, with an optional tie at the waist, perfect for layering.
- Nikko Top and dress from True Bias: two fantastic variations for this pattern, the top is a great base layer for many of the outfit options and the dress is a perfect winter dress.
- Protea Pants from Paradise Patterns: we really love this pattern it comes with two different variations. You won’t believe it’s the same pattern!
- Nicks dress and top from Closet Core: everyone needs a dress to cheer them up in this cold weather. The Nicks will see you through spring and the top variations are really useful items for your wardrobe.
- Sati Skirt from Vikisews: this is a bias-cut midi skirt that has been on the high street for a while. It’s a shape that you can wear into spring and summer.
- Hathor Vest from I Am Patterns: a fantastic layering piece that you’ll never want to take off. There are quite a few variations for this pattern meaning you can make a few of them and they’ll all look different.
- Zoe Sweatpants from Bara Studios: this slimline jogger is as comfy as it is useful!
How to wear them together:
So we’ve picked the pattern now it’s time to think about hoe to wear them together. There were so many variations for these patterns but here are a few of my favourite. Enjoy!