The Sew Down – August
Happy weekend everyone and welcome back to the sew down. This is a monthly roundup of some of the interesting stuff we have found, bought, read, and watched in the world of sewing.
Stuff to read:
We are always hunting out good articles to read or a book that you can either read or listen to while you are sewing. We’ve got some fantastic things to get your teeth stuck into this month.
- The True Bias Zoey Tank has just released an expansion pack with three neckline options, perfect for this warm weather we are having.
- Vogue: How This Season of Westworld Nails Roaring ’20s Style
- Guardian: A stitch in time: the benefits of teaching prisoners to sew
- Msn: The most iconic movie dresses in history
Sew It Yourself with DIY Daisy: 20 Pattern-Free Projects To Make Your Dream Wardrobe – can wait to read this book it’s set to be great. Check out Daisy’s Instagram for some sneak peeks!
- Kate’s reading: Lessons in Chemistry: Bonnie Garmus
- Rachel’s reading: Wilding: The Return of Nature to a British Farm: Isabella Tree
Stuff to listen to:
Oh we love a podcast, and are always looking for new ones! These are some fantastic things we have listened to this month and think you’ll love too.
- The Trojan Horse Affair: from Serial
- 28ish Days later: from the BBC
- Business Wars: Louis Vuitton Vs Gucci: from Wondery
- Wildthings: Siegfried & Roy: from Apple
Stuff to Watch:
If you like watching TV while you sew then we’ve got some great suggestions for you.
- A date for your diaries: The Coco Chanel exhibit at the V&A is going to be fabulous.
- Eternally Yours exhibit at Somerset House: exploring the history of mending and reusing fabrics. Make sure you check out the online and in person events that they have running alongside this too.