The Sewing Weekender 2022 – starts today!
The Sewing Weekender 2022 starts today! Our wonderful creative weekend stuffed full of sewing tutorials and talks has begun. If you haven’t come across it before and are concerned you’ve missed your chance to buy a ticket worry not! You can still buy tickets until Sunday 22nd May at 6pm (UK time.) When you buy a ticket you get an email with a link to all the videos for the weekend. Lots of people block out a quiet weekend to sew, but if you don’t have the time, then the videos will be live forever so you can watch them at your leisure.
So if you are wondering what will be included and who is talking at the weekend check out the full lineup below. Get your tickets here.
- Jenny from Cashmerette shares her top 5 fitting tips. Everything from measuring yourself correctly to why bust cup options are a must.
- Statement pockets: Juliet Uzor is here to show you how to customize your next make with a statement pocket or two!
- DIY Skirt Tutorial: DIY Daisy is going to show you how to cut the incredible Sophie skirt from her new book ‘Sew it Yourself’. If you love a curved seam, then this is going to be right up your street.
- Zips 101: Lisa from the Avid Seamstress is sharing how to insert different zips into your garments.
- Geri from Geri in Stitches will show you how to get started with marble dying
- Behind the Scenes: Meg from fabric shop Pigeon Wishes is sharing how she’s pivoted her business to serve indie fashion brands.
- The Making of a Magazine: Have you ever wondered what goes into making a sewing pattern magazine? The lovely team at Fibre Mood are here to show us what’s involved.
- Sustainable Fabrics: Harriet from Sew Me Sunshine is talking about what to look for when shopping sustainably for fabric.
- Maria from Sew Organised Style is creating an exclusive podcast episode for the Weekender.
- Sandy & Judith from #sewover50 are talking about sewing for changing body shapes.
- Tugba from @i.of.the.needle
- Riccardo from @rifallo
- Ele from @sewnbyele
- Emily from @emilynatsai
- Sara from @yoursara_k
- Michelle from @michelle.a.sews
- Make Trousers that Fit with Alison Smith. Alison will talk us through some of the most common pattern alterations so you can achieve the perfect fit for your next trouser project.
- Alice and Co are back this year! ‘Sew you think you can’t draw?’ They are showing you that putting your design ideas down on paper makes them easier to realise.
- Quilted Jacket Tutorial: Sam from Purple Sewing Cloud is here to show you how to add quilting techniques into your handmade wardrobe, by hacking a jacket pattern to add a quilted element. It will make you look at all your sewing patterns in a new way.
- Adding Hand Embroidery into your Next Make. Alexis from Fibr and Cloth Studio is demonstrating some classic embroidery stitches and how you can apply these to your clothing.
- Behind the Scenes: Grace who runs Beyond Measure gives us a sneak peak of her beautiful studio, how she works with artisans to create new products and gives us a tour of her new growing space where she is creating a garden for dying fabric.
- Bust Adjustments: Mandi from Make With Mandi is here to show you how to do small and full bust adjustments on patterns.
- Using your Sewing Wins to Plan your Future Makes with Jess from Muna and Broad
- Styling your handmade Wardrobe: So you’ve made a load of stuff but how do you wear it together? Marie from Marie Stitched Up is here to talk about how she does it.
- Charlotte from Charlotte Emma Patterns will be teaching you how to cut a sew a baseball cap with a downloadable PDF pattern.
- Mijke from @sewitcurly
- Atia from @thebrightblooms
- Georgie from @heysewgeorgie
- Corrie from @corriesfancygoods
- Jacinta from @pinkmimosabyjacinta
- Jenny from @johassler
- Live Zoom Chat Rooms. We will have five live zoom chat available throughout the weekend where anyone can join and share how they are getting on with their sewing project and sew along with other attendees.
Need help with a Sewing Project? We’ve got a virtual sewing helper who will be on hand in our private Facebook Group for attendees. Ask a sewing question and she’ll dive in and help you!