The Sew Down: January
Happy New Year everyone and welcome back to the sew down. This is a monthly roundup of some of the interesting stuff we have found, bought, read and watched in the world of sewing.
We’ve had some exciting developments since the last sew down and we wanted to update you on all of them. A lot you guys have been asking us to stock PDF patterns from some of your favourite brands. Over the past couple of months we have added PDF patterns from Tilly and the Buttons, Sew Over It, Marilla Walker and Merchant and Mills. All of these have copy shop options available so you can get our lovely printer Brenda to print them out for you.
Stuff to read:
We are always hunting out good articles to read or a book that you can either read or listen to while you are sewing. We’ve got some fantastic things to get your teeth stuck into this month.
Stuff to listen to:
Oh we love a podcast, and are always looking for new ones! These are some fantastic things we have listened to this month and think you’ll love too.
- Conversations of inspiration: Unlocking Talent, Stitching Hope, with Katy Emck OBE, Founding Director of Fine Cell Work
- Life Changing Podcast is back with a new series
- Sweet Bobby Podcast
Stuff to Watch:
If you like watching TV while you sew then we’ve got some great suggestions for you.
After a lot of requests we are now selling our pattern storage envelopes, so you can keep your patterns neatly stored and ordered.
- The second issue of Tauko sewing pattern magazine is out towards the end of this month. You can place your pre-orders for it here.
- If you love a colourful button or woven label then you are in luck the lovely gals at Cut One Pair have launched a new range.
- Check out our pattern storage envelopes