The Edit: New Sewing Pattern Releases – 26 November
Happy Sunday Fold Liners! It’s time for your weekly dose of The Edit: New Sewing Pattern Releases. This blog and vlog highlight some of the new arrivals to hit the shop this week. Kate natters about all the details you need to know so if you’re a pattern nerd like we are, this is for you!
If you like a little company while you sew and want to keep up with the hot releases. You might want to hit subscribe and never miss a thing.
Tauko magazine has PDF patterns available for some of the fab patterns in their magazine. There are two jumpsuits, the perfect party dress and a jazzed-up basic top in the first drop of patterns.
- The Judith Jumpsuit by Kaisa Rissanen is a timeless jumpsuit with a pointed collar and a neat snap button placket. It has side pockets and a self-fabric belt. On chilly days, the designer wears a turtleneck underneath.
- The Sparkle Shirt by Kaisa Rissanen plays with the rhythm of sheer striped fabric. The bodice has doubled fabric for full coverage, while the upper part and sleeves have only one layer of sheer knit.
- The Alexis Jumpsuit by Kaisa Rissanen is a multipurpose jumpsuit that offers endless functionality and comfort. It has a small stand-up collar, a pocket on the chest, side pockets on the hips, and a self-fabric belt with belt loops.
- The Picnic Dress by Mila Moisio has an angular hem with large pockets and a fitted bodice, creating an articulated, fun, and sculptural silhouette.
My favourite of the five is a super cosy layer. The Hug Cape by Mila Moisio is a simple design that can be easily varied in length and width. Simply add a few inches to the front, sides and back, and you’ll have a more voluminous cape. Experimenting with different quilt waddings will also allow you to create more looks from the same design!
Named has been updating and reissuing some favourites from their back catalogue. This is my favourite. The Named Paola Turtleneck Tee is a lovely basic and I have sewn it several times. This timeless everyday tee features a double-fold turtleneck collar and long sleeves and is easy to make and wear.
The Tyyni Cigarette Trousers can do it all. From party pants to smart slacks to cool cigarette trousers, they can be styled in many ways. They feature a slim fit, with side seams that are curved at the hip and waist, and vents at the hems, plus you can iron or stitch creases on the legs.
Itch to Stitch designs some pretty excellent wardrobe staples that require a closer inspection of the line drawings as there is always so much more to discover. The Andes Jacket is an elegant take on a waterproof that has been crafted especially for fleece-backed softshell fabric. The princess seams and bust cup options help you achieve the perfect fit.
The Merchant & Mills Betty Apron is a great gift to sew to spoil the cooks in your life with an apron they can treasure. Forget fiddly ties, Betty slips over the head apron with a pretty crossover back.
The Merchant & Mills RTR Rucksack looks a bit smarter than the average backpack. It’s fully lined for durability and has three divided internal pockets for easy access to your stuff. The pattern also includes a crossbody bag as an alternative if you prefer that to a rucksack style.
Finally, we must share ALL these lovely little makes from Merchant & Mills. They are great patterns if you are planning on sewing gifts and some of them are FREE.
- Merchant & Mills Stocking – a stylish Christmas stocking to decorate any mantelpiece and utilise leftover fabric. Merchant & Mills will be donating 100% of the sales for this pattern to UNICEF.
- Merchant & Mills Sturdy Tote – a carry-all bag with inner pockets and turned-through handles that is designed to be made of thick cloth so it holds its shape well.
- FREE Merchant & Mills Drawstring Bag – a drawstring bag is a useful thing to have but doubles up as a really lovely gift bag. A template is also included for optional ‘Stuff’ embroidery.
- FREE Merchant & Mills Bucket Hat – this has been the hat of the season so this freebie is a must-download! This classic lined bucket hat will keep the sunshine or rain at bay.
- FREE Merchant & Mills Hot Water Bottle Cover – this is a perfect gift for anyone you’re not sure what to buy. Who doesn’t love a hot water bottle and the pattern is FREE!
- Merchant & Mills Francli Pocket Bag – this small but mighty bag will keep your phone and essentials in a handy-to-access place. You can increase the height of the bag if needed by cutting through the lengthen line on the pattern.