Sew Down – February
Happy weekend everyone and welcome back to the sew down. This is a monthly roundup of some of the interesting stuff we have found, bought, read, and watched in the world of sewing.
Stuff to read:
We are always hunting out good articles to read or a book that you can either read or listen to while you are sewing. We’ve got some fantastic things to get your teeth stuck into this month.
- Guardian: Trend to mend: cost of living crisis puts darning back in Vogue
- BBC: Fashion brands paid Bangladesh factories less than cost
- Guardian: The Story of Art Without Men by Katy Hessel review – putting women back in the picture
Stuff to listen to:
Oh we love a podcast, and are always looking for new ones! These are some fantastic things we have listened to this month and think you’ll love too.
- Podcast: Meet me at the Museum: Amber Butchart at Braintree Museum
- Podcast: Book Chat
- Podcast: The Great Women Artists
- Podcast: Happy Place: Raynor Winn
- Podcast: Articles of Interest
- Podcast: I am not a Monster
- Podcast: All There Is with Anderson Cooper
Stuff to Watch:
If you like watching TV while you sew then we’ve got some great suggestions for you.
- Andy Warhol: The Textiles at the Fashion and Textiles Museum
- Magdalena Abakanowicz textiles exhibit at the Tate
- Crown to Couture exhibition – Kensington Palace