The Sew Down – September
Happy weekend everyone and welcome back to the sew down. This is a monthly roundup of some of the interesting stuff we have found, bought, read, and watched in the world of sewing.
Stuff to read:
We are always hunting out good articles to read or a book that you can either read or listen to while you are sewing. We’ve got some fantastic things to get your teeth stuck into this month.
- Guardian: Issey Miyake, famed Japanese fashion designer, dies aged 84
- Guradian : Rayon unravelled: fashion’s most confusing fibre has a dark past but hopeful future
Stuff to listen to:
Oh we love a podcast, and are always looking for new ones! These are some fantastic things we have listened to this month and think you’ll love too.
- The Teachers Pet podcast & dont forget to go and have a read of about the trial.
- Desert Island discs: go and have a listen to tailor Andrew Ramroop & singer Adele.
- Meet me at the Museum podcast with Jesse Burton
- Dressed podast: The Man of Many Hats: An Interview with Master Milliner Stephen Jones
- Best friend therapy podcast
Stuff to Watch:
If you like watching TV while you sew then we’ve got some great suggestions for you.
- The Fashion and Textile Museum: Kaffe Fassett: The Power of Pattern: Explore Fassett’s world with some of his own original artworks as well as works inspired by him from international quilters and makers.
- Instagram live with Tauko Magasine: The co-founder of TAUKO Magazine, Mila Moisio will be talking with mushroom dye expert Julie Beele on the 18th September
- Instagram challenge with the New Craft House: it will be running throughout September. It’s less of a challenge and more of an opportunity to think and learn about sewing more sustainably. There will be prizes, podcast episodes. Go check it out.
- The Dressmakers Ball