WELCOME TO THE FOLD LINE
WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT CHAMPIONING INDEPENDENT SEWING PATTERN DESIGNERS
The Fold Line is an award-winning online sewing pattern shop. This was recognised by Mollie Makes, who awarded us the Handmade Champion prize for people promoting and supporting independent businesses. Founded in 2015, we are the home for people who love sewing and making their own clothes. Based in the UK we offer an extensive range of paper and digital PDF sewing patterns plus copy shop printing services, shipping worldwide.
We have created a global platform to showcase your designs through our dedicated online sewing pattern shop. We sell the patterns of over 150 indie designers, curating the largest collection of sewing patterns in the world. From wardrobe staples to go-to party outfits, we also have designers who specialise in activewear and lingerie. Our global customer base has a range of sewing abilities from absolute beginners to those who are looking to take on a challenge.
OUR SEWING MISSION
WE ARE HERE TO SHOWCASE YOUR DESIGNS TO A GLOBAL COMMUNITY OF MAKERS
We offer a global platform to showcase your designs through our dedicated online sewing pattern shop. We share new pattern releases through selected social media channels, blogs and newsletters and feature your designs in our special blog series such as ‘Find My Pattern‘ and ‘High Street Trends‘. We also receive requests to feature patterns in sewing media publications. If your application is successful we will send you our media kit, which contains further details about our pattern campaign process.
APPY TO SELL YOUR PATTERNS WITH US
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INNOVATIVE AND CONSCIOUS SEWING PATTERN DESIGNERS
Please read through the requirements below and complete our application form. We are only able to accept a small number of new designers each month to ensure we offer the best service. We will be in touch four to six weeks after you have applied.
We are looking for sewing pattern designers who meet the following requirements:
– a sewing pattern collection of three or more designs with interesting styles and unique design features, not already available from other independent designers.
– a commitment to our diversity policy where your designs offer an inclusive size range and diverse use of models, reflecting the sewing community we all belong to. Patterns should be graded for UK sizes 8 (26″/ 66cm waist and 36″/ 91cm hip) to 20 (38″/ 96cm waist and 48″/ 122cm hip) as a minimum. We understand that as a designer starting out it takes a lot of time and resources to develop collections but our diversity policy is something we feel really passionate about.
– professional photography for both the model shots and instructions. Photographs of models wearing the garments should be taken in front of neutral backgrounds.
– comprehensive and easy to follow illustrated instructions with a size chart, finished garment measurements, lay plans and fabric requirements and fabric suggestions. Where instructions have been translated into English this must be done professionally by someone who is familiar with sewing terminology.
– patterns that have been tested across their size range.
– digital PDF pattern option with the following files included:
- professionally graded pattern with nested sizes and seam allowances
- fully labelled pattern pieces with notches
- A4 and US letter options (including a test square to check printing)
- A0 copy shop file (including a test square to check printing). Sheets should be 841mm wide by 1189mm high with a 15mm printing margin.
– paper sewing patterns:
- robust pattern envelope that does not easily get damaged during delivery
- booklet of instructions
- paper pattern
- key information included on the back of the pattern envelope: size range and chart and fabric suggestions and requirements