At The Fold Line we are passionate about championing independent sewing pattern designers.
There are now over 200 indie designers worldwide, with many new designers launching over the last couple of years. At The Fold Line we provide a community platform to showcase your designs through our dedicated online sewing pattern shop. We sell the patterns of over 100 indie designers, where we have curated the largest collection of sewing patterns in the world. From wardrobe staples to go-to party outfits, we also have designers who specialise in activewear and lingerie. We have indie designers who create patterns for a range of sewing abilities from absolute beginners to those who are looking to take on a challenge.
What we offer
– a global platform to showcase your designs through our dedicated online sewing pattern shop
– sharing your new pattern releases through selected social media channels, blogs and newsletters
– featuring your designs in our special blog series such as ‘Find My Pattern’ and ‘High Street Trends’ where relevant
– featuring your designs in sewing media publications
– advice on launching your sewing pattern brand
What we are looking for
– a sewing pattern collection of three or more designs
– a commitment to our diversity policy where your designs offer an inclusive size range and diverse use of models, reflecting the sewing community we all belong to
– a sewing pattern range with interesting styles and unique design features
– professional photography
– comprehensive and easy to follow illustrated instructions with a size chart, finished garment measurements, lay plans and fabric requirements and suggestions
– patterns that have been tested across their size range
– digital PDF pattern option with the following files included:
- professionally graded pattern with nested sizes and seam allowances
- fully labelled pattern pieces with notches
- A4 and US letter options (including a test square to check printing)
- A0 copy shop file (including a test square to check printing). Sheets should be 841mm wide by 1189mm high with a 15mm printing margin.
– paper sewing patterns:
- robust pattern envelope that does not easily get damaged during delivery
- booklet of instructions
- paper pattern
- key information included on the back of the pattern envelope: size range and chart and fabric suggestions and requirements
If you are interested in selling your sewing patterns with us please get in contact at email@example.com sending a link to your website and an example PDF pattern.