The Sew Down – October
Happy weekend everyone and welcome back to the sew down. This is a monthly roundup of some of the interesting stuff we have found, bought, read, and watched in the world of sewing.
Stuff to read:
We are always hunting out good articles to read or a book that you can either read or listen to while you are sewing. We’ve got some fantastic things to get your teeth stuck into this month.
- Book: The Winter Dress: Two women separated by centuries drawn together by one beautiful silk dress
- BBC article: Darlington Library to start new chapter after £3.7m refurb
Stuff to listen to:
Oh we love a podcast, and are always looking for new ones! These are some fantastic things we have listened to this month and think you’ll love too.
- Radio 4 – Four parter about taste
- How to Fail podcast: Sara Pascoe on fertility, fear and what success really means
- Three doors down podcast
- McCartney: A Life in Lyrics podcast
- Who Robs A Banksy? Podcast
Stuff to Watch:
If you like watching TV while you sew then we’ve got some great suggestions for you.