Chameleon Dress Pattern and Lantern Sleeve Pattern Making Kit
Pattern Cutting Deconstructed
£14.00 – £21.00
Buy the Chameleon Dress Pattern and Lantern Sleeve Pattern Making Kit from Pattern Cutting Deconstructed. The Chameleon is a relaxed A-line dress with a drop shoulder, round neck and back zip. It comes in three lengths – tunic/top (71 cm), above-the-knee (89 cm) and mid-calf (116 cm) – and the two longer lengths have side pockets. The Lantern Sleeve with its simple shape is elevated by tucks, stitches and draping. The sleeve is loose fitting and finishes just above the elbow.
NOTE: THIS KIT ONLY INCLUDES THE PATTERN PIECES FOR THE DRESS. You will draft the sleeve pattern yourself using the instructions provided. If you would prefer a ready-to-sew sleeve pattern, you can buy the Chameleon Dress and Lantern Sleeve sewing pattern here. You can also buy the Chameleon Dress sewing pattern with a pattern making kit for four different sleeves here.
IMPORTANT: You must have a phone or tablet capable of reading QR codes to use this pattern making kit.
This pattern making kit is available to buy in the following formats:
– PDF (available to download immediately after purchase). What is a PDF?
– PDF pattern + Printed A0 copy shop (We print out the A0 pattern sheets, but you’ll need to download the digital instructions, as we don’t print these. The PDF files will be emailed immediately after purchase, and the A0 pattern sheets will be dispatched next working day). You will receive the sewing pattern for the dress and the sleeve block (which you will use to draft your own sleeve). What is Copy Shop?
Suggested fabrics: Woven, medium weight fabrics with some body. Fabrics such as linen, cotton and blends, silk dupion, taffeta and satin. Slightly heavier fabrics such as lightweight denim and drill would also work well. Not suitable for jersey. If you use a soft fabric, fuse the sleeves.
Style A Dress: 115 cm wide fabric: 1.54 – 1.6 m // 150 cm wide fabric: 0.94 – 1 m
Style B Dress: 115 cm wide fabric: 1.86 – 2 m // 150 cm wide fabric: 1.13 – 1.3 m
Style C Dress: 115 cm wide fabric: 2.43 – 2.5 m // 150 cm wide fabric: 1.42 – 2.2 m
Lantern Sleeve: 115 cm wide fabric: 0.52 – 0.7 m // 150 cm wide fabric: 0.37 – 0.4 m
Sizing: UK 10 – 24. Please check the size chart and finished garment measurements.
This pattern was drafted for a person who is 5’7″ tall with a cup size up to C. There are lengthening and shortening lines included on the pattern and a bust apex mark for bust cup size adjustments.
Sewing notions: Matching thread; fusible interfacing; 56 cm (22″) invisible zip.
Pattern making tools: A hard pencil, pencil sharpener, eraser, paper cutting scissors, metal ruler, pattern master, flexible tape measure, notcher, glue stick, removable tape, pens (black, blue and red), awl or pattern drill.
PDF kit includes:
– QR-coded sewing instructions for the dress
– QR-coded pattern making instructions for the sleeve
– A4/US letter print-at-home pattern for the dress (layered, 32 pages)
– A4/US letter print-at-home half-scale sleeve block (1 page)
– A4/US letter print-at-home full-scale sleeve block (layered, 8 pages)
– A0 copy shop pattern for the dress (layered, 2 sheets)
– A0 copy shop sleeve block (layered, 1 sheet)
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
Cottons / Chambray / Lawn / Quilting, Denim / Corduroy, Heavyweight Cotton / Twill / Gabardine, Linen, Silk / Satin / Sateen
UK 10 / US 6 / EU 38, UK 12 / US 8 / EU 40, UK 14 / US 10 / EU 42, UK 16 / US 12 / EU 44, UK 18 / US 14 / EU 46, UK 20 / US 16 / EU 48, UK 22 / US 18 / EU 50, UK 24 / US 20 / EU 52
PDF, PDF pattern + Printed copy shop (+£7.00)