Thread Theory Men’s Belvedere Waistcoat
£10.50 – £23.00
Buy the Men’s Belvedere Waistcoat sewing pattern from Thread Theory. Sew a timeless waistcoat with the Belvedere Waistcoat pattern! It’s the perfect minimalist piece to wear to formal events. This design features a curved back seam and long darts to fit the garment close to the body. It includes a back neckline facing for a high-end professional finish.
The instructions and pattern pieces provide for two approaches:
1. Create a tailored waistcoat complete with welt pockets, a fully canvased front and side seam vents.
2. Sew a quick and easy waistcoat with no pockets and simplified construction techniques.
Both waistcoat projects are great scrap busters since it is easy to mix and match fabrics.
This sewing pattern is available to buy in the following formats:
– PAPER (next working day dispatch on orders and FREE UK delivery over £50)
– PDF (available to download immediately after purchase). What is a PDF?
– PDF pattern + Printed A0 copy shop (We print out the A0 pattern sheets, but you’ll need to download the digital instructions, as we don’t print these. The PDF files will be emailed immediately after purchase, and the A0 pattern sheets will be dispatched next working day). What is Copy Shop?
Suggested fabrics: Light to medium weight suiting fabrics, including wool, linen or blends. You can also experiment with unconventional fabrics such as upholstery fabrics, corduroy, sturdy knit fabrics, canvas or denim. The same fabric can be used for the waistcoat lining and back, or lining material can be used.
115 cm (45″) wide fabric: Main fabric, 0.7 – 0.8 m (0.8 – 0.9 yd) // Lining, 2.0 m (2.2 yd).
150 cm (60″) wide fabric: Main fabric, 0.7 m (0.8 yd) // Lining, 1.3 m (1.4 yd).
The fabric requirements assume the back is cut from the same fabric as the lining. If using contrast or main fabric for the back, use 0.6 m (0.7 yd) less lining material. Cut the back from 0.7 m (0.8 yd) contrast or main fabric.
Sizing: XS – 4XL. Please check the designer’s size chart and finished garment measurements.
Notions: Medium-weight fusible or sewn-in interfacing (51 cm/20″ wide), 1.3 m (1.4 yd); five or six 1/2″ – 5/8″ buttons; optional pocketing fabric, 0.1 m (0.1 yd).
PDF pattern includes: Step-by-step instructions; US letter/A4 print-at-home pattern (25 pages); 36″ wide roll feed copy shop pattern (1 sheet); A0 copy shop pattern (2 sheets).
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
Denim / Corduroy, Linen, Wools / Suiting
PAPER, PDF, PDF pattern + Printed copy shop (+£7.00)