Looks great but could be better.
A review of Sew Over It Pussy Bow Blouse
So this is my Sew Over It Pussy Bow blouse. And I love it.
It is not perfect but I know what I need to do next time.
There were 2 issues.
The main problem was, the pattern didn’t advise you to stay-stitch the neckline. Maybe I should have known. I knew as soon as I had ironed the shoulder seams, once I had removed my ironing ham, that I had likely stretched out the neckline whilst doing so. Therefore the notches on the bow didn’t align and it is a little lopsided.
The second issue was how to neatly attach the base of the bow at the bottom of the ‘v’. It seems others had this problem too. Do to my fraying fabric there is a bit of a botched job going on on the inside but I know what to do next time. I’ve since read that a solution for this is a small self drafted facing at the bottom of the ‘V’.
I used french seams throughout as this fabric frayed like anything. I would say it was a viscose.
I cut a straight size 10 as according to my bust measurement. Next time I will make a forward shoulder adjustment, but that is due to my posture.
But beyond that, and one slightly rushed sleeve head, it’s perfect!!
For more details and more photos, please drop by my blog and read my blog post. https://lovelucie1.wordpress.com/2019/05/03/sew-over-it-pussybow-blouse/