Beginners Cut and Spread Pattern Making Kit
Pattern Cutting Deconstructed
£20.00 – £34.00
Buy the Beginners Cut and Spread Pattern Making Kit from Pattern Cutting Deconstructed. By following the clear instructions you will learn how to create two different tops from one block pattern. You will make (1) a pattern for a top with geometric detailing and side slits and (2) a pattern for an A-line top with geometric detailing and a repositioned side seam. You can add short or mid-length sleeves to both tops.
Each style will teach you useful techniques for pattern drafting. You will learn how to draw design lines, construct facing patterns, develop a back facing, manipulate shapes, draw a geometric facing, manipulate darts and side seams, and construct side slits.
The projects in this kit are also available as part of the All Levels Cut and Spread Pattern Making Kit.
NOTE: PATTERN PIECES ARE NOT INCLUDED. You will draft the patterns yourself using the instructions provided.
IMPORTANT: You must have a phone or tablet capable of reading QR codes to use this pattern making kit.
This pattern making kit is available to buy in the following formats:
– PAPER (next working day dispatch on orders and FREE UK delivery over £50)
– PDF (available to download immediately after purchase). What is a PDF?
Suggested fabrics: Shirting, cotton poplin, linen, chambray.
Sizing: UK 6 – 24. Please check the size chart.
You will need: A hard pencil, pencil sharpener, eraser, paper cutting scissors, metal ruler, pattern master, flexible tape measure, notcher, glue stick, removable tape, pens (black, blue and red), awl or pattern drill.
PAPER kit includes:
– QR-coded instruction cards to make 2 x tops for woven fabrics, 1 x short sleeve, 1 x mid-length sleeve
– Half-scale dress and sleeve block
– Full-scale dress and sleeve block
– 2 m of Trace & Sew sewable pattern paper
– Branded storage envelope
PDF kit includes:
– QR-coded instructions to make 2 x tops for woven fabrics, 1 x short sleeve, 1 x mid-length sleeve
– A4/US letter print-at-home half-scale dress and sleeve block (3 pages)
– A4/US letter print-at-home full-scale dress and sleeve block (layered, 25 pages)
– A0 copy shop full-scale dress and sleeve block (layered, 1 sheet)
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
Cottons / Chambray / Lawn / Quilting, Linen
UK 6 / US 2 / EU 34, UK 8 / US 4 / EU 36, UK 10 / US 6 / EU 38, UK 12 / US 8 / EU 40, UK 14 / US 10 / EU 42, UK 16 / US 12 / EU 44, UK 18 / US 14 / EU 46, UK 20 / US 16 / EU 48, UK 22 / US 18 / EU 50, UK 24 / US 20 / EU 52