Alexia Dress (34-36-38)
£8.00 – £15.00
Buy the Alexia Dress (34-36-38) sewing pattern from Vikisews. Alexia is a close fitting dress with an accentuated waist. It features a waist seam and separate yokes on the top front with gathering on the bottom and an elasticated channel on top. The waist darts have been transferred into princess seams. The back also features vertical princess seams. Alexia fastens with buttons and buttonholes on the centre front plackets. The short voluminous sleeves are half raglan and feature elasticated channels on the top and bottom to mirror the yokes. The top edge of the yokes as well as the top and bottom edges of the sleeves are finished with rolled hems. The bottom of the skirt is slightly flared. The front and back necklines are deep and wide. Alexia is above-knee length.
You can also purchase this pattern in sizes (40-42-44-46).
Approx. sizing guide:
34-38 = UK 6 – 8/10
40-46 = UK 10 – 14/16
This sewing pattern is available to buy in the following formats:
– PDF (available to download immediately after purchase). You will receive all 4 height options for your size. What is a PDF?
– PDF pattern + Printed A0 copy shop (We print out the A0 pattern sheets, but you’ll need to download the digital instructions, as we don’t print these. The PDF files will be emailed immediately after purchase, and the A0 pattern sheets will be dispatched next working day). You will receive all 4 height options for your size in digital form, but only the height option you select will be printed. What is Copy Shop?
Suggested fabrics: Viscose, lightweight denim, challis, shirting, chintz, artificial silk, natural silk. Choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Lightweight, with good drape, breathable, soft, non-stretch or with very little stretch, opaque
- The fibre content can include natural fibres (silk, cotton), artificial (viscose), blends (cotton + viscose, etc.)
Stretchy knit materials and lightweight sheer fabrics (chiffon, organza, stretch lace) are not recommended.
The dress in the photo is made with viscose fabric. This fabric is medium weight, soft, has good drape and very little stretch. The fibre content is of viscose.
Fabric requirements: When purchasing fabric, buy 5% more than required to account for shrinkage.
Main fabric, with a directional print: 120 cm wide fabric: 1.35 – 1.75 m // 140 cm wide fabric: 1 – 1.55 m.
Sizing: 34 – 38 (approx. UK 6 – 8/10, based on our standardised size chart). Please also check the designer’s size chart and finished garment measurements.
This pattern includes 4 height options:
Height 1 = 154 – 160 cm (5’1″ – 5’3″)
Height 2 = 162 – 168 cm (5’4″ – 5’6″)
Height 3 = 170 – 176 cm (5’7″ – 5’9″)
Height 4 = 178 – 184 cm (5’10” – 6′)
Note: Your PDF pattern will include all 4 height options. Before cutting, please double check you are using the correct option for your height. For example, to make size 34 in height 4, choose the files labelled ’34-4′.
– 0.5 – 0.9 cm wide elastic, 60 – 90 cm
– Lightweight fusible woven or knit interfacing, 140 cm wide, 0.65 – 0.85 m
– 16 buttons, 0.8 – 1 cm diameter
– Matching thread
PDF pattern includes: Instructions; A4 print-at-home pattern (15-18 pages); US letter print-at-home pattern (18 pages); plotter pattern (1 sheet); A0 copy shop pattern (1 sheet).
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
Cottons / Chambray / Lawn / Quilting, Rayon / Viscose / Crepe, Denim / Corduroy, Silk / Satin / Sateen
One to two days
UK 6 / US 2 / EU 34, UK 8 / US 4 / EU 36, UK 10 / US 6 / EU 38
PDF Size 34 All Heights, PDF Size 34 Height 1 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 34 Height 2 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 34 Height 3 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 34 Height 4 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 36 All Heights, PDF Size 36 Height 1 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 36 Height 2 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 36 Height 3 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 36 Height 4 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 38 All Heights, PDF Size 38 Height 1 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 38 Height 2 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 38 Height 3 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 38 Height 4 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00)