12 replies, 2 voices Last updated by  petitange 2 months ago
  • Author

helelle
    Participant
    @helelle

Hi all! This year my sewing goal is to be a little more careful with fabric buying and I am trying to use up pieces in my stash before I allow myself to go shopping and it is already killing me!!

I was hoping to get some inspiration of what to make with this fabric (I have attached a couple of pictures)

It is a matt satin crepe and I have 3 metres. Any suggestions?

Thank you my lovelies xxx
    Michelle

Attachments:

petitange
    Participant
    @petitange

Hi @helelle, Gorgeous fabric, satin back crepe has such a lovely weight to it. What about a jumpsuit? Or a dress perhaps the BHL Orsola pattern?

helelle
    Participant
    @helelle

I did think about a jumpsuit but I haven’t ever worn one and I just don’t really know how to fit it into my very casual life (I am mostly running, dog walking or sitting at a desk…)

I do like that dress though but wonder if it might be a bit formal for me? I am really stuck with this impulse purchase!!

petitange
    Participant
    @petitange

Maybe search The Foldline pattern base for “dress” and see if you can see a more suitable style? It’s a lovely fabric and would work well in a simple style.

helelle
    Participant
    @helelle

you are right, maybe I just need to be brave and try wearing a jumpsuit. Pinterest should be able to show me how! I have the Cotton + Chalk Jenna Jumpsuit which might be casual enough for my lack of style 🙂 Thanks for your help x

petitange
    Participant
    @petitange

@helelle Great minds! 🙂 I was thinking of just this pattern. I think it was a fairly easy make. Either view would work, my preference would be view B.

helelle
    Participant
    @helelle

I will be brave, Nicki from Sewalicous did a vlog about this jumpsuit and she looked amazing so I will have a go. Thanks for your advice, and mainly chat. I don’t get to chat to any sewists in real life so its always nice to speak to someone 🙂
    Michelle x

petitange
    Participant
    @petitange

I don’t have any sewing friends locally either so it’s really nice to chat, anytime. 🙂 I’m on Instagram too as @sewingbyheart too.
    Thanks for the heads up about the vlog, I’ll check it out. I’m sure your jumpsuit will look amazing in that fabric. Can’t wait to see it!
    Karen xx

helelle
    Participant
    @helelle

I will check you out! here is the link to the video, she does make it look fabulous and I will send you a picture, maybe I might get it done by Valentines Day and then I can use it as leverage to get the hubby to take me out for dinner x

petitange
    Participant
    @petitange

Thanks for this. I recognise it from her IG posts but it didn’t click that it was the Jenna pattern. It’s already on my inspiration board and I have the pattern already. 😀
    I’m sure you will look amazing for St Valentine’s day 🙂
    K x

helelle
    Participant
    @helelle

Karen, thanks so much for your advice back then. I did make the jumpsuit but I didn’t like the result so I didn’t wear it for ages and then I decided it had to be shown daylight so I wore it to a party last month. My lack of pattern matching seems to be pretty obvious but it was too large a print to bother so I guess I will have to live with it and it does look better in the dark! Still, I made it so thanks very much indeed
    Michelle xx

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  helelle.

helelle
    Participant
    @helelle

sorry, I also added my pj’s oops!

petitange
    Participant
    @petitange

Hi Michelle,

I think it looks great and the fit is good. It’s such a large scale print that I don’t think the pattern matching matters, it certainly doesn’t bother me. Well done!

I like the pj’s too 🙂

K

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.