0 replies, 1 voice Last updated by  sewingalacarte 9 months ago
  • Author

sewingalacarte
    Participant
    @sewingalacarte

Many Dutch and Belgian sewist know this patterns and many have more then one made.
    LMV (la Maison Victor) is a sewing magazine based in Belgium and some patterns are designed by Belgian designers. LMV always has well designed sewing patterns with an eye catching detail. The neckline with the collar is the interesting part of this pattern and therefor eyecatcher of the LMV Aster Trui.
    I used the original pattern but didn’t use the sleeve cuffs and hem band. The side seams also have a more fitted look. I made a high/low seam and also added length to the sleeves and body pattern.I used this pattern for a T-shirt version.
    The LMV Aster Trui is a quick sew. The collar is always the time consuming point during the sewing proces and asks for some attention. Almost everyone who made the LMV Aster trui has is own solution to tackle the collar. Some sewists use the back collar for the front. Some sewists lower the front. I first attached the collar on the original neckline and the result was almost perfect. I made the front collar 1 cm smaller on both sides and when it was sewn on the result was perfect.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.