52 replies, 15 voices Last updated by  sewingfromthestash 1 month ago
  • Author

wendystitch
    Participant
    @wendystitch

Hey, is there a sewing group in Central or North London at the moment that I could join?
    Or any sewists in the area that would be interested in starting one?
    I am Islington based (willing to travel) and keen to meet other sewists in real life.
    Wendy

sewmesunshine-uk
    Participant
    @sewmesunshine-uk

Hi Wendy!

I live in West London (Ealing!). Happy to travel to meet other sewists šŸ˜Š

Harriet

spoolsandwombats
    Participant
    @spoolsandwombats

I’m based in Islington – near Caledonian road station. Happy to meet too!

rebeccaldn
    Participant
    @rebeccaldn

Hello, I’m in N19 and interested in meeting.

anebarrainkua
    Participant
    @anebarrainkua

Hello,
    I live in East Dulwitch but I’m also willing to travel around London.

Ane

lzbear
    Participant
    @lzbear

There is a London Dressmakers Meet-up group, which you can find out about on the Meetup.com

Monthly meetings in Waterloo and “virtual meet-ups” to set sewing goals and knowledge.

I am in the south west area so too far for you, otherwise, there is a monthly meeting at Loving the Fabric in Richmond too.

spite
    Participant
    @spite

My partner and I are both based in Islington North/Crouch Hill šŸ™‚ both newbies

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

Hello! A bit late in the convo but I’m also based in Islington – started dressmaking only a few months ago and have bored my current circle of friends to death about sewing…….. Would love to meet up and share the passion! xx

mrssarahm
    Participant
    @mrssarahm

I’m even later to the convo, but I would love a central/north London meet up – I’m in Walthamstow šŸ™‚

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

Yay! Shall we organise a little meet-up in North London? Could be as simple as grabbing a coffee somewhere easy to go for all of us, or near a fabric shop in North London (or is that too much temptation ah!). We could chat about how we got into sewing, what we love about sewing, what we struggle with, or anything else that comes up!

All I can think of is Angel area (near Raystitch or Sew Over It), or West Hampstead (near the Village Haberdashery) – but welcome other suggestions! I believe there is a really good fabric market in Walthamstow, which I haven’t been before and been wanting to check out šŸ™‚

xx

mrssarahm
    Participant
    @mrssarahm

I’d be keen – even if it just ends up being you and me! Shall we say Angel? If you’re in Islington, I expect it’s easier for us both to get to. What sort of days/times would suit you?

fionio
    Participant
    @fionio

I’d also be keen- if that’s OK! I’m South London – but as I’m on the Northern Line …. it’s pretty easy for me to get North of the River!

anebarrainkua
    Participant
    @anebarrainkua

I will love to join you guys too!!
    I am close to London Bridge so Northen line works for me too!

mrssarahm
    Participant
    @mrssarahm

The more the merrier, as far as I’m concerned! Has anyone got a suggestion of a particular cafe near Angel and/or possible days or times that would be best?

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

How exciting! Yes indeed – the more the merrier šŸ˜€
    For days/times, I’m normally free weekends and Wednesdays day time. Would a Saturday afternoon tea (say 3pm) sound good to you all?
    I know The Coffee Works is big enough that the likelihood of finding a seat on a Saturday afternoon is higher than other places.
    As an alternative, there is a very quirky hidden cafe just off Angel called The Candid Arts Trust? Its entrance (and staircase up) is not obvious, but once you get there it’s huge and has sofas etc.
    xx

hollowayhandmade
    Participant
    @hollowayhandmade

Hello,
    Have only just discovered this chat but I live in Islington too and would love to meet up with some like minded sewing enthusiasts. Saturday afternoons are great for me as I work in the week.

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

Awesome! Is tomorrow (17th) too short notice? (This doesn’t mean we can’t do it again the following/another week!) x

mrssarahm
    Participant
    @mrssarahm

I can’t do tomorrow, but I could do next week (24th). Would that work? Or feel free to meet up without me and I’ll join next time!
    The Candid Arts Trust sounds like a great place to meet, if it has lots of room?

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

That’s fine šŸ˜€ Ok let’s say next Saturday 24th, 3pm at the Candid Arts Trust in Angel šŸ™‚
    Anyone reading this is welcome to join šŸ™‚ xx

rebeccaldn
    Participant
    @rebeccaldn

Hello, I’d love to join to but am on holiday at the moment and won’t be back in time for the 24th. Saturday afternoons generally suit me well so hopefully I can make the next one.

mrssarahm
    Participant
    @mrssarahm

We’ll make sure we arrange the next one at a time that suits you, Rebecca.

If anyone else is planning to come, perhaps put a note on here so we know how many people to look out for šŸ™‚

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow!
    Here is a link of the cafe just in case you can’t find it:
    Cafe menu
    xx

fionio
    Participant
    @fionio

Oh no! I forgot to follow the conversation so missed this opportunity. Hope you all enjoyed it – and I will (if I can?!) join the next time!

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

Hello! Sarah and I met for tea and chatter on Saturday – which was really lovely!
    Definitively keen to do it again. Shall we set another date in the coming weeks?

fionio
    Participant
    @fionio

Yes please! Would love to talk sewing with someone who actually ‘enjoys’ sewing chatter!

rebeccaldn
    Participant
    @rebeccaldn

Yes, lets. I was sorry to miss out. How about next Saturday 10th or the following one?

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

I’m free this Saturday 10th šŸ™‚ Same time same place?

fionio
    Participant
    @fionio

Oh no ….. I’m going to miss out again, the next couple of Saturdays are out for me! Have fun xx

rebeccaldn
    Participant
    @rebeccaldn

I’m in. Was it 3pm last time?

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

Doh I actually can’t anymore šŸ™ Sorry!
    I’m free on the 24th…?

elisadera
    Participant
    @elisadera

Hi all! I’m also based in Islington and would love to join any meet up if you have plans for another get together? Anyone free this Sunday, the 15th, for a coffee? There’s a nice coffee place just opposite Sew Over It šŸ˜€

rebeccaldn
    Participant
    @rebeccaldn

I am free this Sunday and interested in meeting.

@annamoiselle Very sorry for the radio silence following our last postponement. I have not been very well and communication fell slightly by the wayside.

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

I’m free this Sunday too šŸ™‚ Opposite SOI then?

@rebeccaldn Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell! Hope you are on the mend šŸ™‚ And no worries at all! I also got swept with so many other things. Looking forward to this Sunday! What time shall we meet?

xx

rebeccaldn
    Participant
    @rebeccaldn

Great. Any time suits me really but how about 3pm?

elisadera
    Participant
    @elisadera

Sounds great! The place is called Trade, on 330 Essex road.

If I get there earlier I’ll pop into the shop to browse šŸ˜‰

Looking forward to meeting you both!

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

Great! See you then šŸ™‚

loveinhighgate
    Participant
    @loveinhighgate

Hi All,

I would be keen on meeting other sewing enthusiasts locally. I only started at the beginning of the year. I am living in Highgate. Hoping to pop along on Sunday too if thats ok?

elisadera
    Participant
    @elisadera

Sure, the more the merrier šŸ™‚ see you on Sunday!

rebeccaldn
    Participant
    @rebeccaldn

Looking forward to meeting you all. See you Sunday.

rebeccaldn
    Participant
    @rebeccaldn

Hi everyone, just realised that I don’t have a profile picture I may be hard to recognise. I’ve arrived early and am wearing a black and white top and glasses.
    See you all soon.

annamoiselle
    Participant
    @annamoiselle

So apparently today was the international sewing community day šŸ˜„
    It was so lovely meeting you all! Next trip: Goldhawk Road! Shall we plan this for May?

xx

loveinhighgate
    Participant
    @loveinhighgate

Glad I came today! Next month would be good, although I am abroad 19th-26th of May.

mrssarahm
    Participant
    @mrssarahm

I was sorry not to be able to join you all today! I’m glad you had a good time. It sounds like you’re planning to meet up again, so hopefully I’ll be able to join you then.

The Fold line are indicating that they will have to remove the forum when the website is updated, so I’m concerned that our conversation might be about to disappear! Do we need to keep in touch outside of the forum just in case?
    Sarah

elisadera
    Participant
    @elisadera

It was lovely meeting you all! and thanks for the tips šŸ™‚

I’d love a trip to Goldhawk Road, but in May I can only do the weekend of 26/27th (wedding in the way). I’d be free on the first weekend of June too though!

How can we keep in touch outside of the forum? Sorry if it’s obvious, I am new to this site šŸ™‚

loveinhighgate
    Participant
    @loveinhighgate

First weekend in June would be good for me too. I think I have found you on FB, I will send a request.

mrssarahm
    Participant
    @mrssarahm

Feel free to find me on facebook too.
    I don’t think I’d be able to do the first weekend of June, but don’t let that stop you!

rebeccaldn
    Participant
    @rebeccaldn

It was really good to meet you all too. I’m up for the Goldhawk Road trip and am free 26 and 27th May plus 3rd June.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  rebeccaldn.

elisadera
    Participant
    @elisadera

I found Rebecca but not you Sarah, perhaps you can try adding me at Elisa De Ranieri? I am holding a fork in my profile picture (eating cake!)

rebeccaldn
    Participant
    @rebeccaldn

Hi Sarah
    I think I’ve found you so hopefully you have my friend request

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  rebeccaldn.

swallowtattoo
    Participant
    @swallowtattoo

Hi! I’m in Camden and would love to keep up to date with the North London people. Elisa, is it OK if I add you on FB? I am on there as Sibyl Vane šŸ™‚

elisadera
    Participant
    @elisadera

Hi Sibyl, sure! Also, we’re planning a trip to Goldhawk Road on June 9 if you want to come too!

swallowtattoo
    Participant
    @swallowtattoo

Hi @elisadera, thank you!

Iā€™d wondered about arranging a pattern/fabric swap meetup at my flat in Kings X (London) area, is this the best place to arrange? Would anyone be interested?

sewingfromthestash
    Participant
    @sewingfromthestash

Hi ladies! I am an Aussie travelling to London in Sept and hoping to fit in some fabric shopping time on Goldhawk Road. Can anyone tell me the opening hours of some of these shops?
    Thanks for your help!
    Cheers
    Laura

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.