This week we have been recovering from The Sewing Weekender and reading all your lovely reviews! Here is a video we put together of the weekend. There have been lots of great blogger makes this week so sit back, grab a cup of tea and get stuck into the sewing Sunday papers…
Aimee is based in Sheffield and likes vintage clothes and using these techniques in her sewing. Aimee is a new blogger to The Fold Line this week and posts at Wrong Doll. She got in contact to tell us about a new project, read all about it here. Aimee has made the Lisette Portfolio dress (now out of print) and wants to do a giveaway on her Instagram with the proviso that the recipient makes the dress within a month and then also passes it on, so the pattern can go on a journey around the world! Find out more on her Instagram this weekend. You can follow Aimee on The Fold Line @wrongdoll
- If you haven’t had enough off the shoulder inspiration yet this summer check out Rachel Pinheiro’s Lanvin inspired denim dress.
- There were plenty of Ooo’s and Ahh’s on Instagram this week for Elisalex’s (By Hand London) Refashioner’s make. My favourites being ‘Saucepot’ and ‘as foxy as hell’. We are loving all this inspiration from Portia!
- Katie from What Katie Sews tests the new Safran jeans from Deer and Doe. If you didn’t see THAT video, check out Deer and Doe’s Instagram feed. If these jeans can make your bum look like this, it could be the greatest pattern ever made.
- Check out Charlotte from English Girl at Home and her round up of The Sewing Weekender.
- Gingham alert! Karen from Did You Make That? makes a Roman blind.
- Tilly and the Buttons has made some cute Cat print Closet Case file pyjamas.
- Fiona from Diary of a Chain Stitcher has made the perfect combo of mustard rayon midi skirt and charcoal Renfrew tee.
- Winnie has gone all spotty on her blog Scruffy Badger making a polka dot blazer from Simplicity (2446) with lush mustard lining.
- Zoe of So, Zo writes a helpful guide to sewing patterns and your maternity wardrobe.
- We are loving this inspiration board from Colette and can’t wait to see what patterns result from this next year! Also check out their current book club read, The Measure of a Man.
- Closet Case files shares 13 sewing tool to splurge on, go on you know you want to take a peak and see what you are missing! I now need a pair of duckbill scissors.
- It’s three things from Rochelle at Lucky Lucille.
- Lots of Rumi tank inspiration from Christine Haynes.
- Megan Nielsen introduces the unisex maker tee!
- NEW: It’s us: The Sewing Weekender
- NEW: Gabby of Gabberdashery: At The Sewing Weekender! @livingonashoestring
- NEW: Fancy Frugality: Sewing room tour and pattern stash
- Gingerella: Fabric, patterns and sewing plans: August
- Dominique Major: July Sewing Favourites
- NEW: Lisa of Sew Over It: What happens on a Sew Over It photoshoot & NYC meet up!
- NEW: it’s US on a podcat! Passion pods: The Fold Line
- Seamwork Radio 12: Marie fron Stitching Odyssey on loving a person
- While She Naps Podcast: #79 Arounna Khounnoraj of Bookhou
- Modern Sewciety: #96 Becky of Patchwork Posse and Quilt Group & Stephanie from Quilter’s Planner 2017
- NEW: Elise gets Crafty #105 On rapid business growth
- NEW: Craft-Ish Episode 21: Founder, Made by Rae
- NEW: Crafty Planner #79 Heather Jones
- NEW: Safran pants – Deer and Doe
- NEW: India Jumpsuit – Wear Lemonade
- NEW: Romi Tank – Christine Haynes
- Frankie top and dress – Tessuti Fabrics
- Jumpy shorts and trousers – Ready to Sew
- Elmira Wrap cardigan – Seamwork
- Lynn dress – Seamwork
- Gable top – Jennifer Lauren Vintage
- Josie at Fabric Godmother is having a 10% off bank holiday weekend sale! Use code AUGUST10
- Find out what’s new at The Village Haberdashery including these Around the Block prints by Skinny LaMinx, new patterns in stock from Merchant and Mills, Kona matching Sweet Escape by Bethan Janine. Also don’t forget to join in One Week One Pattern as Annie has giving away a £25 voucher.
- Abakhan have a whole host of free demonstrations in store in September at Mostyn and Chester.
- It’s back to school time, why not get ready with a Maker’s workbook for your sewing from Creative Industry.
- New workshops have just been listed at Create Escape, check them out!
- Give your linings some love with these soft brushed and cotton lawns from Bloomsbury Square Fabrics.
- Plenty of new drapey fabrics at Fabrics Galore this week.
- Fabric HQ have not one but two new collections from Dashwood!
- Lots on the blog with New Fabric Friday from Girl Charlee and August Knit picks.
- On the blog this weekend from Elephant in my Handbag are fun funky festive and floral fabrics.
- Beautiful Sweet Escape summer swans print by Dashwood Studio now in stock at Fabric Punk.
- Win tickets to the Handmade fair with Cloth & Candy!
- Tester call for an exciting new pattern from Designer Stitch, the Pippa wrap dress!
- Celtic Fusion Fabrics are having a remnants sale on Facebook.
- New in at The Draper’s Daughter are these beautiful contemporary floral fabrics designed by Nani IRo for Kokka fabric.
- The Crafty Mastermind have the April Rhodes Bound collection in stock from just £9 per metre!
- Sew Over It are looking for an online class and production manager.
Check out our Social Calendar for the latest sewing meet-ups, textile and fashion exhibitions, jobs and craft fairs.
Thread and Thrift with Mandy Pattullo, Chateau Dumas, France 20 – 27th August.
Couture techniques workshop, Fashion and Textile Museum, London. 27th August.
Tag events or blogs you’ve discovered this week with #sewreporter
- No patterns needed: DIY Couture from Simple shapes by Rosie Martin. 18th July.
- By the Bundle: from precast to patchwork by Emma J. Jensen. 31st July.
- Cutting and draping party and evening wear by Dawn Cloake. 11th August.
- Natural Colour: vibrant plant dye projects for your home and wardrobe. 7th September.
- Wild things to make by Kirsty Hartley. 25th August.
- Modern Heritage Quilts by Amy Ellis. 28th August.
- The Quilt block cookbook by Amy Gibson. 1st September.
- Pompom crafts by Alison Howard. 7th September.
- Stitched textiles: birds by Rachel Sumner. 11th October.
- Rag rugs, pillows and more: over 30 ways to upcycle fabric for the home by Elspeth Jackson. 13th October.
- A beginners guide to making skirts by Wendy Ward. 13th October.