A review of Coco Top and Dress
One of my most important projects for last year was making some workwear. I’m a vicar and specialist clergy tops and shirts are incredibly expensive, often horrible material and badly fitting. The challenge was on to make my own! I started with Tilly and the Buttons Coco pattern, which has a great shape and fit, but it needed a lot of alteration. I raised the neckline and redrew it as a round rather than boat shape. Then I drafted a collar (after looking carefully at the construction of one of my ready-mades). The collar is made from four pieces so that it makes a channel for the collar insert to slip into. Finally I used some very stable wool jersey from Raystitch so that the collar would stand up. I’m really pleased with the result. Next I plan to experiment with a more stretchy knit and a collar fitting closer to the neck, probably using stretch interfacing to give it body.