£13.00 – £20.00
Buy the Estuary Skirt sewing pattern from Sew Liberated. The Estuary Skirt is a beginner-friendly, body-friendly skirt pattern that you’ll feel like wearing every day of the week. It’s an easy-to-sew, A-line skirt with patch pockets (View A) or in-seam pockets (View B) and a comfortable elastic back. It can be sewn with a full button placket or with a faux front placket, simply sewing the buttons through all the layers and omitting the button holes. The skirt can also be lengthened or shortened to your heart’s content.
This sewing pattern is available to buy in the following formats:
– PAPER (next working day dispatch on orders and FREE UK delivery over £50)
– PDF (available to download immediately after purchase). What is a PDF?
– PDF pattern + Printed A0 copy shop (We print out the A0 pattern sheets, but you’ll need to download the digital instructions, as we don’t print these. The PDF files will be emailed immediately after purchase, and the A0 pattern sheets will be dispatched next working day). What is Copy Shop?
Suggested fabrics: Mid-weight linens and linen blends, soft cottons, silk noil, rayon challis, cotton ikat, and light- to mid-weight chambray or denim.
Fabric requirements: Note that if you want to lengthen the skirt beyond the provided midi length (25-1/4” (64 cm)), you will need to purchase extra fabric. When adding length, for each inch of added length, add 5” (13 cm) of length to your fabric requirement. Also, extra fabric may be required if your chosen fabric is directional or has a nap, or for design matching.
Sizes 0 – 8:
• 45” (115 cm) wide fabric: 2-1/2 yards (2.25 m)
• 54” (137 cm) wide fabric: 2-1/4 yards (2 m)
Sizes 10 – 30:
• 45” (115 cm) wide fabric: 3-1/4 yards (3 m)
• 54” (137 cm) wide fabric: 2-1/2 yards (2.25 m)
Sizing: US 0 – 30 (approx. UK 8 – 30). Please check the size chart and finished garment measurements.
Notions: 5/8” (1.6 cm) buttons OR 3/4” (1.9 cm) buttons; 1-1/2” (3.8 cm)-wide soft elastic for back waistband (such as Dritz soft elastic); optional Wonder Tape, 1/4” (0.6 cm)-wide, approx. 4 yards (3.7 m).
PDF pattern includes: Digital print-at-home pattern; A0 (copy shop) pattern; step-by-step illustrated instructions.
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
Cottons / Chambray / Lawn / Quilting, Rayon / Viscose / Crepe, Denim / Corduroy, Linen, Silk / Satin / Sateen
Half a day, All day
UK 8 / US 4 / EU 36, UK 10 / US 6 / EU 38, UK 12 / US 8 / EU 40, UK 14 / US 10 / EU 42, UK 16 / US 12 / EU 44, UK 18 / US 14 / EU 46, UK 20 / US 16 / EU 48, UK 22 / US 18 / EU 50, UK 24 / US 20 / EU 52, UK 26 / US 22 / EU 54, UK 28 / US 24 / EU 56, UK 30 / US 26 / EU 58
PAPER, PDF, PDF pattern + Printed copy shop (+£7.00)