This product is unavailable for purchase
Apples to oranges sewing kit
Straight Stitch Society
Comparing fruit to sewing is like comparing apples to oranges and yet we have brought these two things together in a fruity sewing kit that’s cute enough to eat. It’s got everything you need: a pincushion, a zipper pouch for notions, and an optional needle pad, all buttoned up in a tasty package. Take your pick from a red delicious apple with an embroidered core or a zesty orange with playful appliqué.
What You’ll Need
Quilting cotton, linen, or other lightweight woven fabrics cut to the following dimensions:
- 6″ x 12″ rectangle of fabric A (pincushion top and zipper top)
- Two 6″ squares of fabric A (optional needle pad)
- Six 6″ x 7″ rectangles of fabric B or assorted fabrics (outside apple or orange wedges)
- 6″ x 27″ rectangle of fabric C (zipper-pouch lining)
- Two 3 1/2″ squares of fabric D (leaf)
- Assorted scraps for the stem, hinge, and orange appliqué pieces
1/4 yd quilt batting
1 3/4″ length of 1⁄8″-wide elastic
One 3⁄8″ to 1/2″-diameter button
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
You can find out more about this pattern from the Straight Stitch Society.
Half a day
You need to be logged in before you can write a review