Surprise summer favourite in cotton lawn
A review of Mira Dress
When I made this for a Fibre Mood sewalong, I did not think that it would be a dress for me shape wise. It was some Liberty cotton lawn I had in my deep stash and didn’t know what to do with even after a few years, so I figured it would do for this one. But it was a happy surprise! What worked was adding solid coloured piping between each tier to break up the print a bit.
The only thing I would change is the length, it is almost mid-thigh. By design I think it is to balance out the width and volume of the dress, but a little longer would be easier to wear. I made a second version for a friend (the pink linen one) with 5cm added to each tier to bring it to knee length and it worked out well.
Mira is one of those dresses that can be made in both a drapey fabric and one with more body. Just depends on what look you are going for!