A review of Zadie Jumpsuit
Perfect match of fabric and pattern. This is my second version of the Zadie. The first was made from a dyed cotton sheet, made as a wearable toile. I learned that I needed to take two inches from the rise for my 5’2″ height. Other than that I made a size 14 with no other modifications for my 39/33/40 body.
In my second version, pictured here, I went for the sleeveless version. The fabric is a glorious mid weight linen from Merchant and Mills, colour ‘Souk’. It was a very satisfying sew. I cheated with the tie belt by just folding and stitching, rather than turning inside out… the fabric is quite firm and I didn’t think it would turn very easily. I hand embroidered a label which I sewed on the outside back neck. Other than this it was very straight forward.
First wear was to a 60th birthday party where I danced the night away with no gaping. The second wearing was to a Sew Scottish meet up afternoon tea…. plenty of room for cakes. The only issue is taking care with the ties on loo visits.