My new love!!
A review of Papercut Patterns Stacker Jacket
I saved this on my Instagram Feed last summer when it kept popping up. I was thinking about using a drill /heavy linen type fabric as a summer jacket but other garments got in first and I really wanted to buy the fabric in person to make this.
However, I picked up this deadstock strokeable slightly furry coat weight fabric from a local shop in a brief shopping window in November and thought it a perfect match.
I was in between sizes but after some research decided to size down.
I did make a toile in some grey drill, something I shall take apart, add interfacing, and make up as a summer version, and the only change I decided to make was to add a cm to each side seam, just at the very bottom, on my hip, blending to nothing at the waist.
Many sewers have lengthened the jacket 2 or 4 inches or even to mid thigh (will be trying that one) but I didn’t touch the pattern length on this one.
It was an incredibly satisfying sew.
The instructions are superb. Everything went together like clockwork. I don’t remember a single tricky bit.
It’s fully lined and that was fairly straight forward too!
There’s lots more photos and details on my blog. Click here