A review of Nina Lee Kew Dress and Skirt
I really enjoyed sewing my Kew dress, and I love how it turned out! I used version 1 of the bodice from the main Kew pattern, and the gathered skirt from the expansion pack.
The instructions are very clear and detailed and I didn’t have any trouble at all during the sewing process.
My measurements put me between two sizes and I chose to make the larger size to give a little more ease (I prefer a bit more breathing space in button-up dresses to avoid the risk of gaping!). I lengthened the bodice by 2″ – I usually have to lengthen bodices, but this is slightly more length than I usually add. I also omitted the ruching on the sleeves – I think it looks pretty, but when I made a toile I found the ruching made the sleeve a bit bulky under a cardigan, and it also restricted my arm movement a bit.
I can definitely see myself making more Kew dresses to try out the other bodice and skirt options!
More details on my blog here: http://nightingaleanddolittle.blogspot.com/2019/10/nina-lee-kew-dress-sewing-pattern-review.html