Love me some big sleeves!
A review of Adrianna Dress
As it isn‘t likely that I‘ll get near the seaside again this summer I really needed something to make holiday at home bearable.
For my take on the Adrianna I used roughly 2,5m of the most gorgeous Loseta tile viscose crepe from Fabric Godmother.
As I wanted to showcase the tiles on the fabric the best way possible (plus, let’s be honest, I didn’t want to pattern match), I opted to not cut a waist seam. Instead I just lengthened the dress to hit 80 cm below my waist and added an elastic channel to the inside at my waistline using bias binding I already had lying around at home.
I graded from a UK size 8 at the bust and waist to a UK size 10 at the hip and shortened the sleeves by 10cm. After trying it on with the recommended bra elastic, I decided to replace it with softer elastic at the shoulders which is much more comfortable in my opinion.
The construction took me roughly six hours from start to finish. Around half of that time was spent with cutting out the pattern pieces as I had to do that single layer in order to match the horizontal lines at the side seams.
Apart from setting in the sleeves which is admittedly a bit fiddly (you have to sandwich the elastic at the top of the sleeves between the dress and facing pieces), I’d rate this a very beginner-friendly pattern! The instructions were great and also included how to make a FBA, full butt adjustment and narrow shoulder adjustment.