I made the size 18, except for the very front bodice pieces, which ended up being in between a size 12 and 14.
During the test, I had to rework the front pieces a lot in order to fit my bust. Though the designer had FBA pieces, the initial testing sizing was off by having too much ease, especially in the larger sizes. So after the dress came together, I realized how much gaping my first version had. So I had to gently disassemble the dress and cut new front pieces with a different shape to fit my bust. Luckily I didn’t have to change must of the rest of the bodice in order to fit my chest without gaping! The fit across the french seams was perfect aside from the 2 pieces that wrapped, which as I mentioned earlier, I resized closer to a size 12 or 14.
– shortened the front pieces by 2″ despite having a long torso. After shortening, I also had to change the diagonal length of the front wrap pieces so that they would fit the waistband width.