A great transitional coat
A review of Friday Pattern Company Cambria Duster Coat
This is pattern is just so versatile and easygoing. I made a toile out of old bed sheets in a size S which I use as a robe now. The pattern is rather narrow around the shoulders, so I opted to sew up the final version (which I’m gifting to my mother who is quite a lot taller than me) in a size M.
Following the instructions I finished almost all seams with bias binding. One thing the pattern is lacking in my opinion is the option to line the coat. This would make it suitable for winter coats as well. I also couldn’t find any sewalongs on Friday Pattern Co’s blog.
The fabric I used is a wool blend coating from Minerva and was a steal (on sale for £6,99 per meter). It’s probably the heaviest I’d go for this pattern as the bound seams would get rather bulky otherwise. Because of this bulk I also chose to finish the hems by hand.