A great pinafore!
A review of Camden Pinafore and Skirt
I’ve been meaning to make myself a Camden pinafore for a while now, and I’m glad that I’ve finally done it!
It’s a lovely pattern. I particularly like the fact that it’s fully lined – it makes it a bit warmer for wearing in winter, and means the insides are very neat.
The instructions were thorough and easy to follow, and I didn’t have any problems making the pinafore. I did a couple of extra little steps not mentioned in the instructions – firstly I trimmed a millimetre or two off the pocket lining pieces to make sure they didn’t poke out on the outside of the pocket, and secondly I hand stitched the waistband of the lining to the seam allowance of the outer dress to make the lining sit nicely on the inside.
The sizing is accurate. I made a 12 at the bust and blended out to a 16 at the waist and hips. The 12 is the size recommended for my bust measurement, and my waist and hip measurements are between a 14 and 16. Based on the finished garment measurement I decided to go up to the larger size and that worked out nicely for me. I also lengthened the bodice by 4cm and the skirt by 10cm, which is not uncommon for me (I’m 5’9″) but is possibly slightly more length than I’d usually add.
I really like this pinafore and I can definitely see myself making more, or using the skirt version of the pattern.
More details and photos on my blog here: http://nightingaleanddolittle.blogspot.com/2020/03/nina-lee-camden-pinafore-sewing-pattern.html