A DIY Wedding Dress!
A review of Vogue Dress V9327
I picked this pattern for my wedding dress (eek!) because I loved the high neck and the drama of the sleeves in option B.
I am fairly petite in the torso and there isn’t a lot distance between my neck and my boobs so I did a fair few tweaks to get it to fit. This isn’t anything wrong with the pattern, when sewing I know I will have to make some edits to get the fit I want. Simultaneously, I probably went further than I would have with the fit as it was my wedding dress.
The pattern is a lovely sew and the instructions are really clear to follow. Now I have a bodice block for this dress which fits me really well I can definitely see me making view A in a wool for work!
The edits I made were:
- Size 10 at the top, A cup, graded to 12 at the waist
- 1.5 inches taken out between neck and boobs and armhole redrawn
- 5/8 inch narrow shoulder adjustment
- 1/2 inch square shoulder adjustment
- 1/4 inch dart release to de-point my apex.
I do go further into the fitting, pattern selection and construction of my dress if anyone would like further information: