I wanted to create a dress with a sheer panel for Christmas, so I purchased this pattern. It was my first time sewing a New Look pattern. I used crepe for the bodice/skirt and some kind of spotted chiffon for the sheer window + sleeves.
I made two muslin first and had to do a lot of adaptions:
– Even though the table recommended a size 14, it was way too large so I made a new muslin in size 12.
– The waist was way below my natural waist, which made the skirt bunch up funnily. So I shortened the bodice
– There was way too much space in the back panel. I removed about five cm.
– To make the back panel more fitted, I gave it a V-shape (also to make it a tad more interesting).
Still, the fit of the bodice is really bad. Especially around my waist it’s just way too roomy even though I removed a lot of fabric… I wouldn’t recommend this pattern.
It was hard for me to get the v-shape right. The instructions were clear though. It just never came out the way I wanted it to, and the facing was kind of strange.
More pictures and a longer review are available on my blog in Dutch: https://www.karinkay.nl/kerstjurkje-new-look-6392/.