I had quite some problems when constructing the Nancy dress. The side panels are kind of tricky, but that wasn’t the worst. I ended up making a new pair of sleeves, front panel and back panel…
The front panel came out too tight: for some reason the part above my bust didn’t fit. So I unpicked it, resized the pattern, cut a new version and put it back together. I also made a pair of new sleeves because my elbows didn’t quite fit.
Then, I thought I’d chop off a part of the backside, because for some reason the back panel was 8 cm longer than the front. But I didn’t realize it was rounded… So I chopped off too much and had to recreate the backpanel too. Fortunately I had enough fabric to do so!
I also added pockets between the front and side panels. It’s kind of like a kangaroo-pocket on a hoodie, but this position seemed better to me than the side seam, which is more towards the back. I wonder if I didn’t somehow cut the wrong sizes of the pattern… It all seemed so weird. But I really like the result.
A full review (in Dutch) and more images can be found on my blog: https://www.karinkay.nl/nancy-swingdress.