The Marguerite dress was my last make for this summer. It is a very pretty, feminine dress that looks good on everyone, judging from the many photos I’ve seen online on various body types. I won’t say that it is a quick project, but it’s not too difficult either. There are quite a lot of details to it, like the gathering on the bodice and skirt, the darts, the back zipper with the keyhole opening, the cuffs. So it takes a bit of time to make it, but I think it’s worth it in the end.
I chose to omit some time consuming parts, like the keyhole opening. Instead I installed the invisible zip all the way up to the neckline and it worked perfectly fine.
As with the Lottie dress I made a few months ago, this dress was also too big in the back. A friend of mine warned me of this so I was prepared. The fit everywhere else is spot on, but the back neckline is gaping, which is something that I’ll need to go back and fix.
I’m really happy with how this pretty dress has turned out. It is a bit girly, but it is totally my style and I can’t wait to wear it out! I have to wear a slip underneath because the fabric (Swiss dot) is transparent, but I don’t really mind.
Overall, it is a pattern and fabric combo that I would recommend to anyone who’d like to make a beautiful, cute dress and learn some interesting techniques.