I made both views of this dress. I usually wear a size 38 Burdastyle or 10 UK RTW. For this pattern I cut the size 10 bodice and took a little bit out at the armscye as it was gaping on my muslin. I graded the straight skirt to a 14 at the low hip and made a regular vent rather then just a split at the the back. On my versions I omitted the sliders on the straps as I felt them unnecessary and made them the exact length I needed. I did use them on my daughter’s dress and the instructions were clear for these.
The lapped zipper does give a vintage feel to the dress, but an invisible one works well too.
The instructions are easy to follow and if you are a beginner Gertie’s seawlong is very helpful. It’s not really necessary to use the skirt pieces on the full skirt version as they are just a rectangle of fabric. I used the full width of mine.
The only part of the construction that could be slightly tricky is keeping the straps out of the way when sewing the facing. Understitching the facing is tricky as due to the design, you can’t sew all the way along in one go. Gertie does explain this well on her blog.
The drafting is good and the seams match well on view B. This dress could easily be made in something elegant and fancy for a summer wedding, or from a regulay dress fabric for everyday wear. I probably won’t make loads of these as I live in a cold climate and have too many summer dresses as it is; saying that I’ve made three already!
Due to the tricky facings and princess seams I think this is best suited to someone with a little bit of experience or an ambitious beginner.
More details of my makes on my blog: http://ragbagsandgladrags.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/easter-madnessor-how-i-sewed-my-way.html