Vikisews Sati Skirt (40-42-44)
£8.00 – £15.00
Buy the Sati Skirt (40-42-44) sewing pattern from Vikisews. Sati is a bias cut, close fitting skirt with a slight trapeze silhouette and an elastic waistband. It has a luxe finish with French seams and a pin hem. Sati is below-the-knee length.
Approx. sizing guide:
34-38 = UK 6 – 8/10
40-44 = UK 10 – 14
46-52 = UK 14/16 – 20
This sewing pattern is available to buy in the following formats:
– PDF (available to download immediately after purchase). You will receive all 4 height options for your size. What is a PDF?
– PDF pattern + Printed A0 copy shop (We print out the A0 pattern sheets, but you’ll need to download the digital instructions, as we don’t print these. The PDF files will be emailed immediately after purchase, and the A0 pattern sheets will be dispatched next working day). You will receive all 4 height options for your size in digital form, but only the height option you select will be printed. What is Copy Shop?
Suggested fabrics: Natural silk, atlas silk, synthetic silk, synthetic atlas, lightweight silk crepe. Choose lightweight woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Soft, opaque, thin, with or without elastane, printed or solid colours
- The fibre content can include natural fibres (silk), synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane), and blends (silk + elastane, etc.)
The skirt in the photo is made with pure silk. This fabric is soft, opaque, and non-stretch.
Fabric requirements: When purchasing fabric, buy 5% more than required to account for shrinkage.
Main fabric: 140 cm wide fabric: 1.25 – 1.80 m.
Sizing: 40 – 44 (approx. UK 10 – 14, based on our standardised size chart). Please also check the designer’s size chart and finished garment measurements.
This pattern includes 4 height options:
Height 1 = 154 – 160 cm (5’1″ – 5’3″)
Height 2 = 162 – 168 cm (5’4″ – 5’6″)
Height 3 = 170 – 176 cm (5’7″ – 5’9″)
Height 4 = 178 – 184 cm (5’10” – 6′)
Note: Your PDF pattern will include all 4 height options. Before cutting, please double check you are using the correct option for your height. For example, to make size 40 in height 4, choose the files labelled ’40-4′.
– 2.5 cm wide elastic, 63 – 99 cm (the length of the elastic does not include seam allowances, add 2 cm)
– Matching thread
Fitting notes: Due to the nature of the bias cut and various properties of different fabrics, the volume of the skirt might differ. To ensure a good fit, it’s recommended to baste the skirt out of the main fabric prior to final construction. Cut the pieces with extra wide seam allowances, adding 2 cm on each side of the front and back pieces. Start by basting the side seams along the original stitching line, which is at 3 cm from the cut edge. Try it on and if the skirt is too tight across the hips, let out the side seam allowances as needed. Trim the seam allowances down to 1 cm and continue with the construction of the skirt.
PDF pattern includes: Instructions; A4 print-at-home pattern (24-30 pages); US letter print-at-home pattern (25-30 pages); plotter pattern (1 sheet); A0 copy shop pattern (2 sheets).
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
Rayon / Viscose / Crepe, Silk / Satin / Sateen
UK 10 / US 6 / EU 38, UK 12 / US 8 / EU 40, UK 14 / US 10 / EU 42
PDF Size 40 All Heights, PDF Size 40 Height 1 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 40 Height 2 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 40 Height 3 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 40 Height 4 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 42 All Heights, PDF Size 42 Height 1 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 42 Height 2 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 42 Height 3 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 42 Height 4 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 44 All Heights, PDF Size 44 Height 1 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 44 Height 2 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 44 Height 3 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 44 Height 4 + Printed Copy Shop (+£7.00)