Confident Cut and Spread Pattern Making Kit
Pattern Cutting Deconstructed
£20.00 – £34.00
Buy the Confident Cut and Spread Pattern Making Kit from Pattern Cutting Deconstructed. By following the clear instructions you will learn how to create two different jersey tops from one block pattern. You will make (1) an asymmetric pattern with manipulated bust and shoulder darts and side draping and (2) an asymmetric draped pattern with a built-in sleeve and a set-in sleeve.
Each style will teach you useful techniques for pattern drafting. You will learn how to manipulate darts to form new shapes, use the slash and spread method, construct a pattern for use on the bias, develop side draping by combining front and back pattern blocks, form an inserted geometric sleeve pattern, and form a set-in sleeve pattern.
The projects in this kit are also available as part of the All Levels Cut and Spread Pattern Making Kit.
NOTE: PATTERN PIECES ARE NOT INCLUDED. You will draft the patterns yourself using the instructions provided.
IMPORTANT: You must have a phone or tablet capable of reading QR codes to use this pattern making kit.
This pattern making kit is available to buy in the following formats:
– PAPER (next working day dispatch on orders and FREE UK delivery over £50)
– PDF (available to download immediately after purchase). What is a PDF?
Suggested fabrics: Stretch fabrics, lycra blends, tee-shirting, bi-stretch jersey, knit fabric that drapes.
Sizing: UK 6 – 24. Please check the size chart.
You will need: A hard pencil, pencil sharpener, eraser, paper cutting scissors, metal ruler, pattern master, flexible tape measure, notcher, glue stick, removable tape, pens (black, blue and red), awl or pattern drill.
PAPER kit includes:
– QR-coded instruction cards to make 2 x confident tops for jersey fabrics (dart and drape, and drape with sleeves)
– Half-scale dress and sleeve block
– Full-scale dress and sleeve block
– 2 m of Trace & Sew sewable pattern paper
– Branded storage envelope
PDF kit includes:
– QR-coded instructions to make 2 x confident tops for jersey fabrics (dart and drape, and drape with sleeves)
– A4/US letter print-at-home half-scale dress and sleeve block (3 pages)
– A4/US letter print-at-home full-scale dress and sleeve block (layered, 25 pages)
– A0 copy shop full-scale dress and sleeve block (layered, 1 sheet)
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
Jersey / Knits / Scuba
UK 6 / US 2 / EU 34, UK 8 / US 4 / EU 36, UK 10 / US 6 / EU 38, UK 12 / US 8 / EU 40, UK 14 / US 10 / EU 42, UK 16 / US 12 / EU 44, UK 18 / US 14 / EU 46, UK 20 / US 16 / EU 48, UK 22 / US 18 / EU 50, UK 24 / US 20 / EU 52