Children’s Skruffle Leggings
The Sewn Edge
£7.85 – £14.85
Buy the Children’s Skruffle Leggings sewing pattern from The Sewn Edge. This children’s leggings pattern is packed full of fun! It includes four different versions of playful fitted leggings:
1. The Classic Leggings: A simple, classic pair of fitted leggings.
2. Active Legs: Perfect for colour-blocking, with a sportswear vibe, these leggings let you cartwheel to your heart’s content!
3. The Ruffle: Add a little fun to your leggings with a playful frill.
4. The Skruffle: Go all out with the Skruffle! Part skirt, part ruffle, it looks great, twirls well and keeps you dancing all day long!
Versions 2, 3 and 4 also have the option to add an ankle detail and flat piping stripe.
This sewing pattern is available to buy in the following formats:
– PDF (available to download immediately after purchase). What is a PDF?
– PDF pattern + Printed A0 copy shop (We print out the A0 pattern sheets, but you’ll need to download the digital instructions, as we don’t print these. The PDF files will be emailed immediately after purchase, and the A0 pattern sheets will be dispatched next working day). What is Copy Shop?
Suggested fabrics: This pattern is designed for medium weight knit fabrics with 40% four-way stretch and good stretch recovery. Cotton/elastane (spandex) jersey and activewear knit fabric (polyester/elastane jersey) work well. The skirt and ruffle can be made in the same medium weight knit, but if you prefer your skirt to have more drape, consider using a lighter weight knit such as viscose/rayon jersey for these pieces.
Fabric requirements: See chart in image gallery.
Sizing: 2 – 10 years. Please check the size chart.
Notions: Thread to match your fabric; 60 cm (23 1/2″) length of 2 cm (3/4″) wide elastic (2.5 cm/1″ will also work); stretch needles for your sewing machine and overlocker/serger if you are using one // Optional: For Versions 3 and 4: 3 m (118″) of 1 cm (1/2″) or less wide iron-on fusible web tape. This does not have to be a single length and can be cut to size. If you have chosen a particularly tricky knit to sew with, a walking foot may also be useful.
PDF pattern includes: Illustrated step-by-step instructions; A4/US letter print-at-home pattern (48 pages); A0 copy shop file (3 sheets); projector file. This pattern is layered so you can chose which size(s) you would like to print.
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
Jersey / Knits / Scuba
Half a day, All day
Confident Beginner, Intermediate
PDF, PDF pattern + Printed copy shop (+£7.00)