This product is unavailable for purchase
Change your mind slipcover bag
Straight Stitch Society
We’re women. And everyone knows that it’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind when the mood strikes, right? That’s why you’ll love this stylish bag. Instantly alter its appearance to match every one of your moods—-and anything in your closet-—by choosing one of two different slipcover designs that can be sewn in a kaleidoscope of colors and prints.
What You’ll Need
44/45″-wide light- to medium-weight woven fabrics such as quilting cotton, broadcloth, poplin, chambray, and linen:
- 7⁄8 yd fabric A (View 1 bag exterior and strap)
- 7⁄8 yd fabric B (View 1 bag lining)
- 5⁄8 yd fabric C (View 2 slipcover exterior)
- 5⁄8 yd fabric D (Views 2 and 3 slipcover lining)
- 1 fat quarter or 14″ l x 20″ w rectangle of fabric E (View 3 slipcover piece A)
- 3⁄8 yd fabric F (View 3 slipcover piece B)
- 3⁄8 yd fabric G (View 3 slipcover piece C)
20″-wide extra firm sew-in or fusible interfacing:
- View 1: 1 1/2 yds
- Views 2 and 3: 1 1/4 yds
7″ zipper (View 1 bag inside pocket)
Six 1/2″ buttons (View 1 bag)
11 1/2″ w x 10 1/2″ h (with straps, 22″ h) x 5″ d
Errata: The first printing of this pattern listed the finished measurements of the bag incorrectly. They should read: 11 1/2″ w x 10 1/2″ h (with straps, 22″ h) x 5″ d.
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
You can find out more about this pattern from the Straight Stitch Society.
Half a day
You need to be logged in before you can write a review