Vikisews Cecile Skirt (34-36-38)
£8.00 – £15.00
Buy the Cecile Skirt (34-36-38) sewing pattern from Vikisews. Cecile is a semi-fitted skirt with an asymmetrical cut. The skirt features a straight silhouette on the left side and a flared insert on the right. The insert takes the place of the right side seam and has identical style lines on the front and back. Cecile fastens with an invisible zip in the left side seam as well as a sewn-on hook and eye on the waistband. The skirt is fully lined and is below the knee length, with a longer curved hem in the insert area.
Approx. sizing guide:
34-38 = UK 6 – 8/10
40-44 = UK 10 – 14
46-52 = UK 14/16 – 20
This sewing pattern is available to buy in the following formats:
– PDF (available to download immediately after purchase). You will receive all 4 height options for your size. What is a PDF?
– PDF pattern + Printed A0 copy shop (We print out the A0 pattern sheets, but you’ll need to download the digital instructions, as we don’t print these. The PDF files will be emailed immediately after purchase, and the A0 pattern sheets will be dispatched next working day). You will receive all 4 height options for your size in digital form, but only the height option you select will be printed. What is Copy Shop?
Main fabric: Dress-weight wool, gabardine, viscose crepe, silk velvet, silk, modal. Choose woven fabrics with the following properties:
- Medium weight, flexible, breathable, soft, non-stretch or with very little stretch, opaque
- The fibre content can include natural fibres (wool, silk, cotton, linen), artificial (viscose), blends (wool + silk, wool + polyester, cotton + viscose, etc.), and synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane)
Stretchy knit materials and lightweight sheer materials (chiffon, organza, stretch lace) are not recommended.
Lining fabric: Artificial fibres (viscose), blends (viscose + elastane, viscose + polyester), or synthetic (polyester, polyester + elastane).
The skirt in the photo is made with dress-weight wool fabric. This fabric is medium weight, flexible, soft, and has very little stretch. The fibre content is a blend of wool and elastane. The lining is 100% viscose.
Fabric requirements: When purchasing fabric, buy 5% more than required to account for shrinkage.
Main fabric: 140 cm wide fabric: 1.2 – 1.75 m.
Lining: 140 cm wide fabric: 0.6 – 1.15 m.
Sizing: 34 – 38 (approx. UK 6 – 8/10, based on our standardised size chart). Please also check the designer’s size chart and finished garment measurements.
This pattern includes 4 height options:
Height 1 = 154 – 160 cm (5’1″ – 5’3″)
Height 2 = 162 – 168 cm (5’4″ – 5’6″)
Height 3 = 170 – 176 cm (5’7″ – 5’9″)
Height 4 = 178 – 184 cm (5’10” – 6′)
Note: Your PDF pattern will include all 4 height options. Before cutting, please double check you are using the correct option for your height. For example, to make size 34 in height 4, choose the files labelled ’34-4′.
– Lightweight woven or knit interfacing, 140 cm wide, 0.69 – 1.05 m
– 20 cm invisible zipper
– Skirt hook and eye
– Matching thread
PDF pattern includes: Instructions; A4 print-at-home pattern (30-42 pages for skirt, 12-16 pages for lining); US letter print-at-home pattern (30-35 pages for skirt, 15-18 pages for lining); plotter pattern (1 sheet for skirt, 1 sheet for lining); A0 copy shop pattern (3 sheets).
If you’re looking for more maker inspiration, check out the latest sewing pattern reviews from the sewing community. We also have a sewing blog to keep you up to date with all the news from the world of sewing.
Cottons / Chambray / Lawn / Quilting, Rayon / Viscose / Crepe, Linen, Silk / Satin / Sateen, Wools / Suiting
One to two days
UK 6 / US 2 / EU 34, UK 8 / US 4 / EU 36, UK 10 / US 6 / EU 38
PDF Size 34 All Heights, PDF Size 34 Height 1 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 34 Height 2 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 34 Height 3 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 34 Height 4 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 36 All Heights, PDF Size 36 Height 1 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 36 Height 2 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 36 Height 3 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 36 Height 4 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 38 All Heights, PDF Size 38 Height 1 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 38 Height 2 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 38 Height 3 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00), PDF Size 38 Height 4 + Printed copy shop (+£7.00)
12-16 pages (lining), 30-42 pages (skirt)