Online Sewing community & Sewing Pattern Database Forums What are you making? White lace fabric- what should I make?

4 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  sewspace 1 month ago
  • Author

jeby
    Participant
    @jeby

Hello all, I have 3 yards of white lace fabric, non stretchy and I am wondering what can I make with it. I am considering a dress that doesn’t look very bridal. Any suggestions?

uttaretch
    Participant
    @uttaretch

With only three yards, it is going to have to be a shift or possibly an A-line? Is that the sort of style you normally wear?

jeby
    Participant
    @jeby

I do wear shift dress, what underlining do you suggest? I think white underlay will make it very bridal.

uttaretch
    Participant
    @uttaretch

I don’t think there is any danger of a short, white dress being mistaken for bridal wear these days and I really wouldn’t line white lace in anything other than white.

I would keep the pattern simple and let the lace do the talking.

McCall's 7681
    McCall’s 7681 could be great with the sleeve variations.

sewspace
    Participant
    @sewspace

Depending on what the lace is made of would you consider trying to dye it? Then it could be any colour you like šŸ™‚
    There are lots of dye options although the easiest I’ve seen is throwing a special dye packet along with material in the washing machine on a cycle.

[edit] Just found think link, maybe it will be helpful? A few techniques on how to dye lace. It’s made me want to get some lace and try it now! https://www.wikihow.com/Dye-Lace [/edit]

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  sewspace.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.