Online Sewing community & Sewing Pattern Database Forums What are you making? Can anyone show me how to make these?

2 replies, 3 voices Last updated by  lzbear 8 months, 2 weeks ago
  • Author

bann1255
    Participant
    @bann1255

I was wondering if anyone out there is familiar with the clothing line Young Fabulous Broke and a pair of pants they sold a few years ago style name “aldo”. I did purchase one pair that I absolutely love, just don’t love to pay a hundred dollars a pop! They seem real simple to sew a pair up in an afternoon (which I’ve tried with no success). Where I’m having trouble is first of all cutting the material; proper drape, not sure where I should cut as far as the grain, rise, and I don’t think I’m using near enough material. Then there’s sewing the hem along the entire edge of each pant leg, I end up with a bubbly, wavy mess and I’ve tried numerous different tricks that I’ve found online for sewing with jersey/ knits/ stretchy material. Thanks!!

uttaretch
    Participant
    @uttaretch

Aldo pantsAldo pants 2

For reference.

lzbear
    Participant
    @lzbear

Do you still have these pants to trace around? It looks like they are not hemmed, as if you sew with a knit jersey, it should not fray so there is no need to hem the bottom edge

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.