We have created The Fold Line community to be friendly and safe. We hope to foster a positive environment in which members feel confident to share their makes, express themselves and encourage each others’ creativity.
Therefore please note The Fold Line or our service provider reserves the right to:
- remove any content it deems inappropriate. The includes, but not limited to, illegal, abusive or offensive text and images. Trolling will not be tolerated.
- suspend accounts that are found to be spamming or soliciting anywhere on the site.
We would like to use user reviews and images uploaded to the site in the forums or on the pattern pages to promote The Fold Line in our weekly newsletter or in other forms of media, including but not limited to blogs and magazines. Users will be credited where their text or images have been used. If you do not agree to this please contact us.
Businesses, including but not limited to, pattern designers and both online and bricks and mortar haberdashery shops, please note:
- You can only promote yourself on the The Fold Line through through agreed advertising terms with The Fold Line
- If your patterns are listed in The Fold Line database or you advertise on The Fold Line we would like to promote your patterns or products on The Fold Line and our social media platforms for the interest of our users. If you do not wish for us to use text or images to promote your patterns or products (we will link back to your site or tag you on social media) then please let us know by email.
The following terms apply to your use of The Fold Line and by registering for a user account you agree to the Conditions of Use outlined below. Registering for a user account in itself acknowledges that you have read in full, agree to and are bound by the Conditions of Use. You solely are responsible for your user account and content posted from your user account throughout The Fold Line site.
Registered account users agree not to make available though email, post, review or other form of media, content on this website or social forum in a way that:
- violates third party intellectual property or contractual rights.
- unlawfully distributes or facilitates the distribution of copyrighted material (this includes text and images belonging to The Fold Line, designers with patterns listed in the database and users).
- is libelous, threatening, abusive, harassing, bullying or deemed harmful to any person or their privacy
- is discriminatory based on, but not limited to, gender, race, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
- falsely or otherwise impersonates or misrepresents other users or businesses
- is deemed as advertising or soliciting users in any form
- attempts to obtain access to other users accounts or monitor or copy their information
- attempts to obtain personal details for the purposes of phishing or gaining financial or personal information for fraudulent use
- is misleading, fraudulent or directly or indirectly illegal
- encourages spamming of unsolicited materials including, but not limited to, those advertising or promoting illegal or restricted services or products.
- contains virus software to corrupt, destroy or limit the use of any equipment associated with the function of the site.
- attempts to interfere with the running of the site in any way, including excessive messaging or that restricts, limits or negatively impacts how other users use the site
Users also agree not to:
- request or obtain usernames, password or any other personal information from any user or business
- disclose or collect any data from users or businesses
- download manually or by automated means user content, personal information or any other data from the site that is not deemed to be by an appropriate web service.
- harass or stalk any users or business on the site
- post any child pornography including, but not limited to, images and text
- post any violent content including but not limited to, images and text.
- post any adult material including pornography or nudity including, but not limited to, images and text.
- interfere or disrupt the function of the site
- attempt or access our computer systems
- place a disproportionately large load on the forum or website
- use or copy the reviews or rating systems
- post repeated content
- encourage third parties to engage in any prohibited activity outline in the Conditions of Use.
Hosting for The Fold Line site is provided by an online service provider but The Fold Line controls all content, user accounts and defined this policy. Through participating or using The Fold Line site and forum you agree not to hold the server provider accountable relating to all matters of your use on this site.