The Sew Down: February
Welcome to The Sew Down where each month we bring you a run down of some of the interesting stuff we have found, bought, read and watched in the world of sewing.
We’ve got two fantastic designers that have joined The Fold Line family. The first is UK designer Made my Wardrobe who have nice fab patterns. They’ve got a fantastic relaxed feel to the shapes and their patterns would be a great addition to anyones wardrobe. The second is Dovetailed, who is a indie designer with four patterns that are perfect for the beginner maker. Based in London and with a love of African Wax print, go check out her new book!
Stuff to read:
We are always hunting out good articles to read or a book that you can either read or listen to while you are sewing. We’ve got five fantastic things to get your teeth stuck into this month.
- Read about why Lydia set up indie pattern designer Made my Wardrobe
- Book: Sewing with African Wax Print Fabric: 25 vibrant projects for handmade clothes and accessories
- Guardian Article: ‘When I tell people, they might laugh’ – George Clooney and the men who sew
- Those of you that loved the Dig: Who Was the Real Edith Pretty From Netflix’s ‘The Dig’?
- Independent article: 10 best sewing machines that are beginner friendly
Stuff to Watch:
If you like watching TV while you sew then we’ve got some great suggestions for you.
- Meeting with Maria Grazia Chiuri who unveils the creative secrets of the Christian Dior Haute Couture collection SS 2021
Stuff to listen to:
Oh we love a podcast, and are always looking for new ones! These are some fantastic things we have listened to this month and think you’ll love too.
- The Kindness Economy podcast
- The Lighthouse podcast
- Jenna Coleman on the Table Manners Podcast