Sew Reporter – 7 February
Welcome back to our weekly report of everything sewing! We hope you had a great week and that you’re gearing up for some sewing today. Scroll down for some drool worthy community makes, gorgeous new patterns, a list of sewing challenges in February, and more. We hope you’ll enjoy checking it out. Happy sewing!
We have found Sam from Purple Sewing Cloud on the Friday Pattern Co. blog talking all about the quilted Ilford jacket she made using scrap fabrics. This jacket is absolutely INCREDIBLE! We highly recommend checking out the blog for more photos and the story of making this master piece!
We’re a bit in love with this beautiful fabric Susan from Susan Young Sewing used for her Sewing Revival Heron Dress. She looks gorgeous from head to toe!
We are SEW into this colour blocked Papercut Patterns Sapporo Coat made by Brittany J. Jones. These colours look amazing together! And look at her shoes, it’s a match made in matching heaven…
Patricia at PatsyPoo Makes stitched her second True Bias Roscoe dress in a gorgeous red double gauze. Isn’t it lovely!
Maybe not the colour scheme we are used to seeing from Marcy from Oonaballoonna, but she looks gorgeous nevertheless. Read all about picking this fabric, making McCall’s 8104, and Marcy’s thoughts about making this dress on her blog.
Never have we seen a more wonderfully bright version of Simplicity 8797. Raven Maureen made a new coat and totally nailed it!
We always have been, and always will be obsessed with a good a shirt dress.. Especially when it look as good as this Sew To Grow Sydni Shirt Dress stitched by Kathy at Sew Dainty.
The Marlo Sweater from True Bias is taking over the sewing community by storm. Beck from I Sew, Therefore I Am made it in a pink sweater knit and it looks so cozy and cute!
This is another Friday Pattern Co. Ilford Jacket (the other one was from Sam in the first photo). Can you believe how versatile this pattern is?! This flannel version by Mel at Mint Button looks like a snuggly dream..
Hoorah! We added not one, but two new to us pattern companies to our database this week! We now stock Tammy Handmade patterns, and Dovetailed patterns. We hope you like them, we certainly can’t wait to sew some of these up.
Do you already have a specific design in mind? Or do you need some help finding the perfect pattern for your fabric? You can search all the patterns in our database using our sewing-specific search tool.
- 2021 is of to a great start with some amazing new patterns! We’ve made a round-up of our faves, but you can also see a full list of all the new releases on our blog.
- What a lovely and inspiring space! Watch how Mel from Linen-Bloom-Heirloom shows you around her little sewing space.
- Lizzie B takes us through the process of fitting the Deer & Doe Myosotis dress, from choosing her size, fit adjustments and making a toile.
- See what Victoria Lucille Anne has been making recently in her latest vlog.
- We have posted about this before, but here’s a reminder that the Pink & Red Galentines party organised by Megan @PigeonWishes is next Saturday! Will we see you there (on Instagram)?
- If you are into refashioning your clothes this challenge by Marlies @madebyliesl will be right up your street! It’s called #Refebulous and it includes really fun daily prompts throughout this month.
- Sharlene @sosewdressmaking is organising the #joyfulsleeveschallenge. All you need to do is post a finished garment that features some joyful sleeves on Instagram.
- Join Atia @thebrightblooms and Kate @in_a_haystack and match your outfit to your surroundings. Check #dresslikeachameleon for some lovely inspiration.
- The Black History Month Pattern Designer Challenge (#BHMPatternDesigners) is back for its third year! This challenge is organised by Nateida of @SewNaturalDane and Keira of @IslandSewcialist.
We have been following Mie @sewinglikemad for a long time. Not just for the incredible makes she shares with the sewing community, but also for all the amazing sewing tips she shares along the way (check out #miessewingtips). She is a professionally trained sewist, an excellent teacher, and definitely one to follow!
Come and join our sewing Facebook group where we are chatting about sewing plans, new patterns and helping each other out with projects.