Sew Reporter – 24 January
Hi team, happy Sunday 🙂 We hope you’re looking forward to having a scroll through today’s Sew Reporter! Do you have a cuppa and a biscuit at the ready? We have gathered some pretty amazing looks for you and we hope you enjoy them. Have a great Sunday and (hopefully) happy sewing!
We are in love with this beautiful StyleArc Hope Woven Dress that Anna aka Blogless Anna made. We highly recommend heading over to her blog to see more photos. The dress, and Anna’s surroundings, look stunning!
Amy from Amy Nicole Studio made the Friday Pattern Company Wilder Gown in a chiffon, and it turned out to be the dreamiest of dream dresses!
Mimi G is once again slaying it! This time she made a pleather dress using McCall’s 8139. The details on this are amazing, and the stitching is impeccable.
We were already excited to see the brand new design from Friday Pattern Company; the Heather Blazer being released, but after seeing this version from Mary at Sablecraft we are obsessed!
Katie Kortman aka the colour queen is here to inject your screen with some happy colours! She made the Nerida Hansen Shift Dress in her own fabrics and it looks awesome.
We can only wish that one day we would look as cool as Raven (at Raven Maureen) in her new faux fur leopard print McCall’s 7847 coat…
Oh my! This dress! Katie from What Katie Sews hacked the Friday Pattern Co Sagebrush Top into a dress and sewed it up in the most fabulous fabric. We’re in love.
This orange jumper and (self drafted) green skirt are a match made in heaven. Robyn at Styles In Seams is making 1 garment a week in 2021 and this is her first finished project. What a way to start the challenge!
Amanda at Bimble & Pimble wanted to add some colour to her wardrobe and she certainly succeeded by making this fabulous Paper Theory Patterns Zadie Jumpsuit.
We are all about snuggly sweatshirts at the moment and we would really love one as pretty as this Style Arc Verity Knit Top. It fits Janet @sewsmittenkitten so well, and of course, we are also totally digging the awesome leopard print!
We love the wide range of pattern designs that were released this week. Which one is made for you? A fabulous dress? Or comfy joggers and jersey garments? Browse all the latest patterns here.
Do you already have a specific design in mind? Or do you need some help finding the perfect pattern for your fabric? You can search all the patterns in our database using our sewing-specific search tool.
- Kate is back with the already 6th instalment of Find My Pattern! The premise is that you send in images of ready to wear garments you need in your life, and then Kate puts her best detective hat on, and hunts the best pattern match down for you.
- Mel from Linen-Bloom-Heirloom made a gorgeous Deer & Doe Myosotis dress and she tells you all about her ‘Match made in heaven’ on her YouTube channel.
- Watch what Adele at Button & Pip has been making in December and also get a peek at some of her Christmas presents.
- Do you want to know what Tamlyn from Sewn On The Tyne is planning to make this year? Have a look at ‘The 9 patterns I’m sewing in 2021 (with fabric suggestions!)‘
- Remember that wonderful green velvet Closet Core Patterns Elodie wrap dress we shared last week? Victoria Lucille Anne tells you all about it in this video.
- We loved listening to this fun episode of the Stitch Please podcast with host Lisa, and Bianca Springer from Thanks I Made Them Sew Can You. So as Lisa always says, sit back, relax, and get ready to get your stitch together!
- Do you have sewing clutter everywhere? Then listen to The Great Declutter episode of the un:CUT podcast with Nadia Arbach from Clear the Decks!
- This one is for the beginner sewists; listen to Sewing Terms And Tips (two parts) by Beth and Nina from Sewing For The Weekend.
- What are Hannah and Rosie planning to sew in 2021? And what’s in store for The New Craft House? Go have a listen to find out!
If you want to see more colour, individual style, and overall fabulousness on your Instagram feed then we would highly recommend giving Monica @ThatsSewMonica a follow. Her makes, including this wonderful outfit, are divine!
Come and join our sewing Facebook group where we are chatting about sewing plans, new patterns and helping each other out with projects.