Sewing Christmas Gift Guide 2018
Hello hello and welcome this year’s sewing Christmas gift guide! I know that a lot of people (my family included) have no idea what to buy for me when it comes to Christmas and lets be honest I have had some odd presents over the years. I’ve done a roundup of gifts that I think most makers would love and featured some of my favourites in a video. Underneath are a list of all the products in the video alongside a load of other really lovely presents for creative folk.
After this week’s Sew Reporter, Rachel and I are taking a couple of weeks off to settle into the festive period and who knows I might just dust off the sewing machine and make something… here’s hoping!
Featured in the video:
- The Fold Line gift vouchers – perfect for someone who wants to pick their own patterns.
- Beyond Measure – a wonderful shop stuffed full of sewing presents for creative people. We absolutely loved the ceramic pin-cushions from Katch Skinner – pick the one that looks most like your mate!
- For the gift that keeps giving Sew Hayley Janes subscription boxes will deliver happiness month on month.
- Pink Coat Club – have a fantastic range of enamel pins, stickers and decorations for your tree.
- If you’ve even wanted to make you own footwear, I Can Make Shoes is the place to go, choose from online courses or go to her East London studio to make them in person.
- The Draper’s Daughter have a great gift section, we really love her Kyle and the Machine labels to sew into your me made outfits.
- If you’re looking for a fun stocking filler then look no further than Cloth and Candy who have the most amazing selection of bias binding and pipings in colours that you need in your life.
- For any hard core maker, what could be better than the ‘sewist’ & ‘maker’ necklaces from Closet Case Patterns.
- Pattern weights are a perfect gift for a maker, these cotton reel weights from Foxglove and Field are a firm favourite.
- Who doesn’t want another bag in their life? The no regrets tote from Colette has loads of space for fabric shopping.
- For our sore paws this is the perfect hand cream from Clothspot.
- Every sewing room needs one.. a giant thimble storage pot.
Other Gift Ideas:
- Sewing with Kate sashiko kits – we love love love these! Embroider the panels and make up a wash-bag that you’ll love forever.
- Emily Peacock Cross Stitch kits – these are really fun and I’m on my second one, perfect for doing in front of the TV
- Named Clothing: Breaking the Pattern – a fantastic book that needs no introduction. For a full book review head over to our you tube channel.
- Tilly and the Buttons: Stretch – perfect for a beginner who likes to sew with knits.
The Curated Closet Workbook: Discover Your Personal Style and Build Your Dream Wardrobe – we loved the book and this workbook will help you get your dream wardrobe.
- The Makers Atelier – we love Frances’s aesthetic and this magazine is oozing with interesting articles alongside a free pattern with each issue, you’ll look forward to it’s arrival.
- Lisa Comfort – If you’re a Sew Over It fan then you’ll love Lisa’s magazine, with a free pattern and DIY tips in each issue.