The New Site – What you need to know..
You may have noticed that we’ve been hinting about major changes on the site and they are finally here.. oh yes we’ve got a new website and most exciting of all a pattern shop!
We have spent the last 6 months getting the site rebuilt as it’s three years old and it definitely needed a refresh. We also decided to open a sewing pattern shop because we’ve had lots of requests from you and indie designers to sell the sewing patterns we feature on the site. We now have hundreds of PAPER and PDF sewing patterns from lots of indie designers available to buy and will be adding new patterns each week. We’ll be talking more about this in our video on Saturday and also see the FAQs about this at the end of the post.
As the site is such a beast, we had to make some important decisions moving forward to ensure the site is manageable and with the help of our super star developer we have simplified it down so it is more user friendly for you.
Any worries, queries or missing reviews please email us on email@example.com and we will sort them out – we still have access to all your information on the old website.
Right shall we get started?!
What to do if you have an existing account with us
– Account Details if you have left a pattern review: we’re still importing the last 6 months of reviews, these will be in soon. If you’ve left a review on the old site do not worry, we’ve migrated these across to the new website. All you will need to do request a new password on the new website using the email address you originally signed up with. You’ll then be able to access all your reviews! Phew.
– Account Details if you haven’t left a pattern review: If you’ve not left a review you’ll need to sign up to the site again and set up a new account. This takes a couple of minutes and you’re all set!
Changes / What we couldn’t save!
– Social side of the site: Having looked at the number of people using the chatting functions of the site (eg. writing on other peoples profiles) it wasn’t really being used so we decided not to have this on the new site. You’ll still be able to comment on other peoples reviews and on blog posts as before.
– Forum: We have already announced that the forum is no longer active. We do have the most amazing engaged Facebook group so do come and join us there if you wish to chat.
– Projects: Unfortunately these were the one thing we couldn’t save, our developer spent days trying to get these across and we had to admit defeat. They were set up in a different way to reviews and it wasn’t possible to import them. We sent out a message and social media posts about saving your project details but if you missed this you can email us and we can retrieve that information from the old archived site. We’re really sorry about this
Why do you now have a sewing ‘pattern shop and database’?
> We are still aiming to build a database of all dressmaking patterns from designers around the world. At the moment we have around 10,000 sewing patterns in the database. We want it to be a really useful resource for makers to browse all the dressmaking patterns in one place. We now sell some of the sewing patterns in the database from independent designers (and soon commercial designers too). These are labelled with their price and stock status. Don’t worry thought you can use our search tool to browse the entire database as you have always done.
Why aren’t all the sewing patterns in the database available to buy?
> Not all patterns are available to buy for a number of reasons, for example, they are out of print or we don’t yet stock the patterns from that designer. We are adding new patterns available to buy each week and hope to eventually sell every pattern in the database!