This week we interview Rosie and Hannah from The New Craft House. We’ve loved seeing your entries coming from for the competition for you to design your own pattern with us. Hottest topic in the forum this week is a sewing meet up in Derby. There are loads of lovely makes from your favourite bloggers, new sewing patterns and lots of other inspiring stuff so pick your beverage of choice, sit back and enjoy the sewing Sunday papers.
Meet Becca, she is based in Birmingham and blogs at Get Set Sew. Becca is relatively new to sewing and is blogging about her journey to creating a handmade wardrobe. One of her most recent make is the Colette Moneta dress. You can follow Becca on The Fold Line @getsetsew
- Fiona from Diary of a Chainstitcher makes a black cotton Sallie jumpsuit.
- Portia from Makery posts 50+ ways to refashion your denim!
- Karen from Did You Make That? makes Ella a new cushion.
- Jane from Handmade Jane makes a D.I.S.C.O Anita top from Sew Over It Vintage.
- Janene from Ooobop sews dots for RNIB by making a Tilly and the Buttons Fifi pyjama set.
- Rachel Pinheiro posts about her recent trip to NYC.
- On Tilly and the Button’s they share a free pattern piece for the Rosa shirt and dress.
- Charlotte from English girl at Home looks forward to Yarnporium and has tickets to give away.
- Zoe from So, Zo rounds up your Anya bag makes.
- Heather at Closet Case Files posts a useful tutorial on how to add metal grommets.
- Colette shares a very honest post about the Rue dress and shares tips on how to take great notes when sewing.
- Christine Haynes releases the Ellsworth coat sewing pattern.
- Lauren from Lladybird makes a Papercut Patterns Fall and Rise turtleneck.
- Lexi at Grainline Studio shares her Fall style inspiration.
- Gingerthread Girl: My first Ever Vlog!
- NEW: English Girl at Home: A peak inside Make It, Own It, Love it book.
- It’s us! Launching Tribe Patterns – a sewing community pattern company.
- Jennifer Lauren Handmade: A Handmade Day, Episode 2
- NEW: Gabby of Gabberdastery: Gabby and Megan make a Tilly and the Buttons Rosa shirt and dress.
- NEW: Fancy Frugality: Sewing a winter wardrobe: the best cosy fabrics.
- Gingerella: My Makes September 2016
- Dominique Major: The Seamstress Tag
- Lisa of Sew Over It: Seamstress tag
- Stitch My Style: Sewing Space Tour and a cat skirt!
- NEW: Clueless Seamstress: More Autumn sewing plans
- NEW: The Wild Stitch: Ep06 How to use Instagram effectively as a sewing blogger with Beth from Sew DIY.
- So, Zo: #5 Life vs. Sewing with Miss Demeanour
- Seamwork Radio 14: Beating the odds with Melissa Fehr
- While She Naps Podcast: #83 Melissa Aversions (see photo above)
- Modern Sewciety: Episode 102: Vacilando Quilting Co.
- NEW: Elise gets Crafty: #113 On passion and business
- NEW: Craft-Ish Episode 24: Knit and Crochet Now’s Lena Skvagerson
- NEW: Crafty Planner: Episode 90: Patrick Lose
- NEW: – Schnittchen
- NEW: Ellis and Hattie dress – Merchant and Mills
- NEW: Ellsworth coat – Christine Haynes
- NEW: Alix dress – By Hand London
- NEW: The Billie Collection – Tribe Patterns
- NEW: Jeannie dress – Schnittchen
- Sadie Slip Dress – Tessuti Fabrics
- Maria jacket – Wear Lemonade
- Kelly Anorak – Closet Case Files
- Lightspeed leggings – Fehr Trade
- Ivy dress – Jennifer Lauren Handmade
- At The Village Haberdashery the Christmas shop is now open and full of ribbons, fabrics and wasbi tape!
- Abakhan have a Christmas shop full of sewing, crafting and gifts.
- Fabric HQ share their fourth Christmas tutorial – how to make a Christmas cushion.
- Beyond Measure have this amazing Sew fabric panel, designed by Louise Lockhart.
- Dragonfly fabrics have some bargains in their online fabric sale.
- Girl Charlee have shared their October Knit picks and now stock new patterns from Wardrobe and me.
- Elephant in my Handbag have a Christmas shop full of prints and ribbons.
- Lots of lovely handmade buttons at Celtic Fusion Fabrics
- New washed denim fabrics now available at Crafty Mastermind.
- Create Escape have launched Knit and stitch! on Wednesdays, where you can bring your own projects.
- Bekkie at Fabric Punk has new fabrics from Blend fabrics and Michael Miller.
- Sneak peak of the new pattern release from Designer Stitch.
- Fabric Godmother has lots of new Ponte Roma fabrics in stock.
- Sew Over It release the Heather dress jersey dress sewing pattern!
- The Draper’s daughter will be at the Home and Vintage Autumn Fair today at Guildford Cathedral.
- Trace your patterns with Creative Industry‘s Swedish Tracing paper.
- Bloomsbury Square Fabrics has some lovely warm wools new in stock.
- Christmas shop now open at Fabrics Galore
- Cloth & Candy have the cutest Bear Hug Metallic fabric available to pre-order.
Check out our Social Calendar for the latest sewing meet-ups, textile and fashion exhibitions, jobs and craft fairs.
Sew Up North, Leeds, 5th November.
Jazz Age costume design, Fashion and Textile Museum, London, 11th November.
Winter SEWMANCE, Independent, community sewing festival in Brighton, UK, 12th November 11-5pm
West Country quilt and textile show, Bristol, 11th – 13th November.
Second Hand First Week, TRAID, 21st – 27th November.
The Knitting and Stitching Show, Harrogate, 24th – 27th November.
The Business of Sewing with Tilly Walnes (Tilly and the Buttons), Fashion and Textile Museum, 24th November.
Tag events or blogs you’ve discovered this week with #sewreporter
- A beginners guide to making skirts by Wendy Ward. 25th October.
- See Kate Sew: 24 projects you can make in an hour by Kate Blocker. 23rd December.
- Sew This and That!: 13 Quick to make quilted projects by Sherri Falls. 28th December.
- Sew Your Own Dolls: 25 stylish dolls to make and personalise by Louise Kelly. 4th April 2017.
- Complete dressmaking: essential skills and techniques for beginners by Jules Fallon. 6th April 2017.
- Fix Your Clothes: the sustainable magic of mending, patching and darning by Raleigh Briggs. 11th April 2017.
- The Gentleman’s wardrobe: vintage-style clothing to make for the the modern man by Vanessa Mooncie. 18th April 2017.
- Sew Caroline weekend style: 15 easy sew patterns. 26th April 2017.
- Superhero sewing by Lane Huerta. 1st June 2017.